Coursepress Pro Warning Messages

Hi,

I have coursepress pro installed and am having a few issues.

First, I deleted the sample course that came in the plugin, but when I go to "preview" mode in the course I am creating, I still see elements from the deleted course.

Secondly, I get the following warnings in preview mode and also if I enter the course (course is in draft mode at the moment).

Warning: array_key_exists(): The first argument should be either a string or an integer in /home/kerric/public_html/wp-includes/cache.php on line 669

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/kerric/public_html/wp-content/plugins/coursepress/includes/classes/class.shortcodes.php on line 2955

Warning: array_key_exists(): The first argument should be either a string or an integer in /home/kerric/public_html/wp-includes/cache.php on line 669

I have a membership site plugin and I deactivated that to see if it was maybe interfering but that made no difference.

Any ideas?

• Patrick

Hi there @Kerri

Welcome to the forums, glad to have you aboard!

3 things come to mind at first read:

- Please update to the latest version of CoursePress (1.2.1.3) to ensure you have the most stable code we have. :slight_smile:

- Do you have WP_DEBUG set to true in your wp-config.php? If so, try setting that to false. Getting php warnings and notices when it's set to true is perfectly normal when configuring things, and nothing to worry about.

- Do you have any cache plugin active on your site, or does your host have any proprietary cache routine running on the server (like Varnish cache at WP-Engine)? If so, please deactivate/disable that while you are configuring things on your site.

Having cache enabled while you're tweaking stuff is a great way to rid yourself of excess hair. :slight_smile: It's best to activate & configure cache only once everything else is done.

• Kerri

Hi Patrick,

WP_DEBUG was already set to false, no cache plugin active. I did update to 1.2.1.3 and that solved all but one line of warning. Then I updated to the Coursepress theme instead of my theme and the issue went away completely.

Now I have a quick question about the Coursepress theme itself, I'll open a new topic in case anyone wants to know the answer to that question :slight_smile: