Coursepress Pro with extra 'Course' in menu

Hi,

I have just installed CoursePress Pro on my website. However, the plugin does not automatically create the pages 'Courses' (this was not the case when I installed CoursePress Pro in my other website in the past). Yet, strangely, it has 'Courses' in the menu. As I would like the Front page to be static and pointing to 'Courses', I tried creating a new page call 'Courses' and point the Front page of my website to it. However, this causes 2 'Courses' items to be on my menu. I have no way to remove it, it is not a custom link in menu nor is it a page. If I do not create the page 'Courses', I have no way to set the Front page to Courses. I do not know why the plugin creates a 'Courses' item in the menu and yet it is neither a page nor a custom link and no way to be removed.

I have grant you Support Access. Please see the website http://www.mastermyphysics.xyz.

Please help.

• Esther Goh Tok Mui
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Jude,

Thank you for your fast response. I checked my older websites installed with Coursepress Pro. In all cases in the past, the 'Courses' page were automatically installed when we installed the plugin. However, now the plugin does not automatically install the 'Courses' page. I have just tested the plugin on a few new websites, the page is not created. Is there a reason why WPMUDEV has made this change?

Best Regards

• Luís
    • Support

Hi Esther ,

Hope you're doing well today!

The Courses page is a virtual page, created dynamically through shortcodes. I am not sure why it was removed, however, you can create a "real" page to use it as your "Front Page" using this shortcode:

[course_list]

You can find the whole list of parameters tha can be used in this shortcode under CoursePress Pro > Settings > Shortcodes.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.