CoursePress Pro with Membership 2 Pro

I went through community articles and user guide to ensure I setup CoursePress Pro and Membership 2 Pro properly. However, I'm little perplexed with how to set it up properly.

We are planning to selling courses to our customers who can login and purphase a course for specific time. So I selected dipped membership as it fits properly. We currently don't plan on selling any free courses.

My problem is I'm confused on if I'm setting it up properly. I haven't seen any guide that has explicit information on how to integrate CoursePress Pro with Membership 2 Pro.

I already provided support access on back-end. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Umar,

With Membership 2 Pro you can protect courses as all other content on your site. First you need to go to Membership 2 -> Add-ons and enable add-on "Custom Post Types". This add-on allows to protect custom post types - and each course is one of them.
    So then, in Protection rules you will see new tab "Custom Post types" - on list you have to find your course name (list there will be very long so best to use the search field) and them set protection (in your case it will be dripped content membership) to this course.
    Please see the screenshot.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Umar
    • New Recruit

I already have custom post types enabled. and this is where I got confused. I have multiple units for each course. I made the course page accessible for everyone so they can see what is offered in the course and all the units and module protected. Am I on right track?

Do I need to do anything else as I'm setting up payments in MarketPress or do I need to enable payment in Membership 2 Pro as well?

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Umar,

You should only protect "course" custom post type as this one covers units and modules.

Do I need to do anything else as I'm setting up payments in MarketPress or do I need to enable payment in Membership 2 Pro as well?

When you provide access through the Membership 2 Pro you don't have to use MarketPress - point is that when membership is bought by the user he gets access to protected content and all this is processed by Membership 2 pro.
    There is no need to use additionally plugin for selling courses when you have already Membership that handle payments for memberships.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Umar
    • New Recruit

When I add a video, is there a way for me to make it mandatory for users to watch the full video. Currently, I can add a video and user just has to go to the page and click on save and it is considered watched.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.