CoursePress Pro, WooCommerce & Mailchimp

I am trying to properly set up a course so that the purchase triggers a change in a MERGEFIELD on Mailchimp, which will then trigger an e-mail automation. But I keep on running into roadblocks.

I'm prepared to manually set the date of the course in Mailchimp so that the e-mails get sent out, but I'd really like to automate the whole process.

Thanks,

Ken

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Ken,

I'm afraid I wasn't able to check your site and how you configured MailChimp and WooCommerce there because there is a problem with loading it (we checked from 3 different countries).
    Can you contact your hosting provider and check why your site is loading so long?

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Ken
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Kasia,

I've noticed that as well. I'm trying to figure out what the bottleneck is also. I disabled the CDN because I thought that was an issue. According to Amazon, my DNS isn't pointing to CloudFront, so that shouldn't be a factor. This install is just SLOW!

You have support access to ktketo.com

Warm regards,
    Ken

• Ken
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I'm seeing better results with optimization, and I updated the server to PHP 7.2. Things seem to be faster, but Divi Theme functionality is impaired. I've opened a separate ticket for that issue.

Getting back to the overall integration question... are you now able to get in to take a look at that?

• Jayman Pandya
    • Recruit

Hi Ken,

I was able to login using the Staff Support Access to have a look at the integration. But I noticed that Coursepress, MailChimp for WooCommerce, MailChimp Sync are deactivated.

Can you please tell me
    - What roadblocks did you hit?
    - Why did you have deactivate the plugins, did they break something on the site?
    - Will you be able to tell us what steps had you taken to setup the integration?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thank you
    Jayman

• Ken
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Activating CoursePress Pro prevented editing using the Divi Theme on the front end and the back end.

Deactivating CoursePress Pro allowed that to work. So on another support ticket, they wanted me to disable all other plugins, and then just enable CoursePress Pro. Did that and the same thing happened, so it wasn't an interaction with the other plugins and CoursePress Pro.

They wanted the debug.log file, but none was generated.
    We went through a bunch of stuff to try and get that file generated.

I've now created a snapshot of the website. I'm going to try and pull that up locally to make sure I've got the data, and then I'm going to delete the whole install and start fresh.

Not sure where things got corrupted.

• Ken
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I understand that each time I respond to a ticket it puts the ticket back at the bottom of the queue. That goes against your stated goal of having us interact with with you in the "Getting Support" post.

"Always follow up, your involvement in this process is crucial!"

When customers are penalized for responding to a ticket by being put to the bottom of the queue, it doesn't make for a good experience. Also, when there's no way to know the status of your ticket in the queue, I suspect some people will inadvertently "bump" their thread due to the wait, ultimately making the wait longer.

Finally, while I understand the desire to be able to have other customers help, in practice, it is hard to tell what you're sharing in a secure way with WPMU DEV, and what is ultimately public, so this whole notion of a public support ticket is disconcerting.

Having said all of that, I'm updating you on my progress toward resolution. I've finally been able to snapshot my install, and upon examination, the instance of Wordpress was installed by cPanel instead of my normal method of using Softaculous. I installed using Softactulous, overwriting the previous install, and then restored my snapshot, and everything appears to be working properly now. That leads me to conclude that something in the cPanel install was not done properly.

For now, I'm going to leave this open until I've heard from someone about the concerns I opened this reply with, and then either you can close the ticket, or I will.

Thank you,

Ken

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Ken,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused.

I understand that each time I respond to a ticket it puts the ticket back at the bottom of the queue. That goes against your stated goal of having us interact with with you in the "Getting Support" post.

"Always follow up, your involvement in this process is crucial!"

When customers are penalized for responding to a ticket by being put to the bottom of the queue, it doesn't make for a good experience.

Responding to ticket puts back tickets in our queue. Responding multiple times pushes ticket down the queue. It is to prevent bumping threads.

Finally, while I understand the desire to be able to have other customers help, in practice, it is hard to tell what you're sharing in a secure way with WPMU DEV, and what is ultimately public, so this whole notion of a public support ticket is disconcerting.

Yes, tickets on the forum are public, it to help other members to find a solution for similar problems they have. If our staff requires access to the site we ask for support access or we provide information on how to send us the required information in a secure way (via the contact form). We never ask to post credentials publicly on the forum tickets.

That said, we are going to introduce some changes to our forum, that should improve the experience of using it.
    Please also note that we have also live chat here https://premium.wpmudev.org/live-support/ - it is not public and nothing from there is visible to other members.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.