coursepress theme and formatting for courses

I’m working on moving my e-courses onto CoursePress Pro (one of the big reasons I came on to WPMUDEV), but the CoursePress theme seems to have some very buggy formatting. See the alignment and text formatting in the Course Structure section (not to mention that the “download” link shouldn’t be there).

https://academy.fistbumpmedia.com/courses/how-to-succeed-in-blogging-3-goals-that-every-blogger-should-set/

And it looks like the other Themes are no longer downloadable from WPMUDEV, so I can’t try another one from here to see if it looks any better.

I can try other outside themes, but then the WPMUDEV CoursePress Pro stuff isn’t really in the formatting there, so it ends up really plain, and not formatted well for the courses.

I’d love to launch the courses on this platform, but thought it might be easier to get this put together without getting into a ton of custom theme development and formatting.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks!

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello danking,

I moved your thread to support forum so we can solve this issue with CoursePress theme.

See the alignment and text formatting in the Course Structure section (not to mention that the “download” link shouldn’t be there).

Can you give me more details what is not working with formatting and where do you see the “download” button there?

This is what I see now:

[image pos=”0″]

kind regards,

Kasia

• Oguz
    • QA Engineer

Hey danking ,

Hope you're well.

Looks like the problem happens to already logged in users may be only teachers of the course based on your screenshot. But I couldn't test it yet because of your site not open to register. Can you activate support access? You need to go to WPMUDEV Dashboard > Support page from your wp-admin then you will see the "GRANT SUPPORT ACCESS" button.

You can check step by step instructions from our docs this page: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Then we can check with login.

Cheers,

Oguz

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hey danking,

It looks like we have a bug there :slight_frown:

I have tested on my site and seems that what is selected in the settings of the course, in structure preview is not applied on the front-end. In results admin see whole structure (so what it’s on your screenshot) but the student and non-logged in user will only see the Units titles (so basically what I showed on my screenshot). In this case student will not see the “Download ” link.

I’ve reported this to developer and they will be taking care of it. If they provide a hot patch I will post update here, or this will be added to next version of the plugin.

But also CSS is not looking good on that structure that is showing for the admin, so this will be also reported to developer.

kind regards,

Kasia

• danking
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Yes… a secondary part of the problem I was seeing was that the selections in the course for what should show up was being very quirky and not allowing me to select/deselect options in some cases. It’s like it just did what it wanted to do for certain pieces.

Thanks for taking a closer look at this! I’m happy to do whatever we need to do to correct this. I really like and want to use the plugin/theme for this as I relaunch my courses on this platform.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello danking,

Yes… a secondary part of the problem I was seeing was that the selections in the course for what should show up was being very quirky and not allowing me to select/deselect options in some cases.

Yes, I also noticed this on my installation and found that we have this issue already reported and developers are working on this.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you. I’ve send message to developer to check the status of those issues, so I’m awaiting for the feedback.

kind regards,

Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.