Coursepress theme static page,no widgets, no instructor

Hi there!
I am creating my courses, but I have 3 problems (as you can see in the capture)
I want full width, I don't want any widgets, I deleted them all, but still meta and search are showing. How can I completely delete them?
I want the starting page to be the "courses" page, but it doesn't show as a page so I cannot put it as static. Any solution?
And last, I don't want the Instructor showing in the course information. How can I do that?

Thank you in advance for your time,
Inés

• Sajid

Hi Ines,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

If you don't want to use instructors feature then simple go to Courses -> Edit the course -> Course Overview -> Instructors and delete instructors (hover over the instructor image to see the delete button). This will remove instruction name under title and instructor box from left.

Since courses is not a page and custom post type so you can not load courses directly on home page. Instead what you can do here is create a home page and add the shortcode course_detail to and make sure you select Page (without widgets) template while adding/editing the page.

You can see full list of available shortcodes and their usage instructions in CoursePress Pro -> Settings -> Shortcodes.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid

• Sajid

Hello Ines,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

It is not possible to get hundred percent exact layout in the course list shortcode without modifying core files or creating a child theme (that is beyond the level of support we can provide here) . But I come up with following code to make it look like the courses listing page.

First of all use this shortcode instead of the one you are using already:
    [course_list show_media="yes" title_column="left" two_column="yes"]

Now, add following CSS code in Appearance -> Custom CSS section (if you don't have any plugin like jetpack then you need to install Simple Custom CSS plugin to add styles without modifying files).

.post-type-archive-course .content-side-area {
        width: 100% !important;
    }
    .post-type-archive-course #secondary.widget-area{
        display: none;
    }
    .post-type-archive-course section.article-content-right, .post-type-archive-course .quick-course-info {
        width: 675px
    }
    .course-list .course-featured-media {
        float: left;
        width: 235px;
        height: 225px;
        overflow: hidden;
        border-right: 2px solid #dce163;
        margin-top: 0px;
    }
    .course-list .course-list-box-left {
        width: auto;
        margin: 15px 0 0 30px;
    }
    .course-list .course-list-box-right {
        float: right;
        width: 100%;
        margin-top: -34px;
    }

.course-list .course-list-item {
        background-color: #f3f3f3;
        width: 100%;
        height: 225px;
        text-overflow: ellipsis;
        position: relative;
    }

This is the end result of how it will look like after applying the above CSS and using the updated shortcode:

The above code will also remove the sidebar from courses page as well.

Also, a friendly reminder, please avoid posting multiple support questions in one thread. Always start new thread for each question so we can assist you efficiently and manage each issue in its own ticket.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.