CoursePress unable to create multiple sign up

I have my settings as attached, Multiple memberships Add-on , coupon add on, custom post types being activated. Create my coupon. But people seem unable to sign up multiple courses...

Besides, the coupon is applied automatically or i have to send to the users? My first idea would be automatically discount 20 percent when 3 or more courses are being sign up.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Pole915,

Hope you're doing well today!

I have my settings as attached, Multiple memberships Add-on , coupon add on, custom post types being activated. Create my coupon. But people seem unable to sign up multiple courses...

When they buy the membership are they not able to access the course pages? If you're using Membership 2 to sell courses then you will want to make the course sign up free within CoursePress and charge for access to those pages through Membership 2.

Besides, the coupon is applied automatically or i have to send to the users? My first idea would be automatically discount 20 percent when 3 or more courses are being sign up.

You will need to send the coupon to users. Right now we don't have a coupon option for applying it based on quantity of products/courses purchased.

In this case, with Membership, the user will need to sign up to the membership before they can sign up for any courses - assuming you are protecting the course pages with Membership 2.

I worry that I may have made things more confusing here, if so just let me know where you are stuck and I'll be more than happy to help further :slight_smile:

If you grant support access that can also speed things up because then we can check your settings.

You can grant support access via WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Look forward to hearing back!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Pole,

My apologies, I think I misunderstood what you were trying to achieve here, you already have it setup with CoursePress how I mentioned above :slight_smile: awesome.

You are wanting to sign up for more than 1 membership in the same checkout session? That's not currently possible. The multiple memberships add-on is so a user can have multiple memberships at the same time. Each membership still has to be signed up for individually. By default a member can only have 1 membership at any given time, but with multiple memberships turned on then they can keep going back and signing up for as many memberships as they want.

Hope that clears things up here. Checking out with more than 1 membership at the same time would require quite a bit of custom development, the registration process was meant for only 1 at a time.

If you have further questions on this just let me know!

Since you will have the access to my website, i would like to ask for some checking for my payment gateway, can i send the request personally to you?

I looked at your gateway settings and they look to be setup fine. Do you have a private question you want to ask? If so then you can send it to me directly through our private contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

***Select "I have a different question" and in the subject line write "Attn: Tyler Postle" - this ensures it gets assigned directly to me.

Look forward to hearing back :slight_smile:

All the best,
    Tyler

• pole915

Hi Tyler,

Good day.

You are wanting to sign up for more than 1 membership in the same checkout session? That's not currently possible. The multiple memberships add-on is so a user can have multiple memberships at the same time. Each membership still has to be signed up for individually. By default a member can only have 1 membership at any given time, but with multiple memberships turned on then they can keep going back and signing up for as many memberships as they want.

Hope that clears things up here. Checking out with more than 1 membership at the same time would require quite a bit of custom development, the registration process was meant for only 1 at a time.

I get clarified but i have to say i do really expect more from the word "multiple membership add on". Is there any other methods trying to get me where i expected? Custom development sounds taking time which i am short of.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Pole,

Thanks for your reply.

I get clarified but i have to say i do really expect more from the word "multiple membership add on". Is there any other methods trying to get me where i expected? Custom development sounds taking time which i am short of.

This is actually the first time I've seen someone ask for this feature, to checkout with multiple memberships at once - not to say it hasn't been asked for before since I don't see every ticket but it's not as popular of a request as one might think. I can definitely put it into the feature requests though as I agree it would be a useful feature.

Something else to keep in mind here is that creating multiple subscriptions inside payment gateways at one time isn't always easy so that could be a restriction we have. I don't really see any easy way of doing this without a lot of custom development. If you wanted some advice on the custom development side of things then I could have one of our coding experts have a look and respond here, but I'm thinking the response will be that you will need to make some major registration/checkout changes.

Sorry I can't be of more help with that, if it was just one-time payments then you could use something like MarketPress and sell multiple memberships as products through that at once but then you would need to manually apply the memberships to the user which likely won't be ideal at all for you.

If you have further questions on this just let me know! I did receive your private request as well, I will be replying to that shortly :slight_smile:

Talk to you soon!

Cheers,
    Tyler