CoursePress unit not showing

I’m using CoursePress. The course has 6 units but only showing 3 when I’m logged in as Student. But for admin, it’s showing all the 6.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Lauren Russell

I hope you’re fine today!

I checked the site and at that moment course structure preview was disabled. Once I enabled it (in course settings in “Course Details” page) all six units started to show up and I can see them now also as a visitor/in incognito mode.

Can you check that or if you still see just 3 of them? I left that option enabled but it can be disabled at any time.

As for logging in. I tested it and it’s WP Fastest Cache that’s breaking it. With caching disabled (and after clearing the cache entirely after that) the student login works fine.

I didn’t want to make too big changes to the site without prior permission but it would mean that either WP Fastest Cache settings must be tweaked – and it would take some experimenting on the site as the way cache affects site is usually very specific to the given site – or you can change CoursePress configuration so instead of using the login in popup it would use the default WP /wp-login.php page.

This can be changed on “CoursePress -> Settings -> General Settings” page in “Login form -> Use custom login form” option (switching it off should take students to default login form). That should bypass the cache and let them login properly to the site.

Kind regards,

Adam

• Lauren Russell
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi there Adam,

Thanks for looking into this.

So the issue I’m still having is when I’m logged in as someone that their access is set to subscriber (someone who signs up through the Enroll Now, Create Account) is only seeing the 3 courses.

Once I change their status to Administrator under users, then I can see all 6 units.

The creating an account, and login popup are all working accordingly, whomever helped me the other day that opened this ticket – we did get that addressed during that time.

Feel free to do what you need.

Thank You

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.