Coursepress units and questions not working properly after update

Hi

We have two issues causing major problems for students after the recent coursepress pro pdate.

Everything was working fine before, but now we have issues.

1) If the student goes back into a unit (i.e Unit 2 - Canine) it seems that it completely unmarks both tests, so some are ending up in a circle as when they log in, and click on ‘continue learning’ it seems to take them to unit 2 again.

So basically it's like the unit is being restarted from scratch each time a user logs in it goes back and unmarks.

2) We also have an issue that the user can select more than one answer for the multiple choice answers and then still get it right.

I've authorised support access so please can you take a look and advise.

Thanks

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello ShaneR,

1) If the student goes back into a unit (i.e Unit 2 - Canine) it seems that it completely unmarks both tests, so some are ending up in a circle as when they log in, and click on ‘continue learning’ it seems to take them to unit 2 again.

I have trouble to replicate this issue. Could you provide more details? How they go back - using "previous" buttons? So they are on Unit 3, they filled test on Unit 2 and then they click "previous"? Or the "Save and exit" button is used?
    I'm testing this on my site but I'm not getting stuck at any point - but maybe I'm missing steps to replicate that issue,

2) We also have an issue that the user can select more than one answer for the multiple choice answers and then still get it right.

Yes, there is issue here. I replicated this on my site so I'm reporting this to developers right now.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• ShaneR

Hi Kasia

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated

I've done a screen recording, I've left the link in the support notes section of the site along with test login account details so that you can test on this site.

The students are logging in, seeing the courses they have access to, clicking the desired course, then the "continue learning" button.

This then takes them straight to Unit 2 of that course, they are then clicking the "next >>" button to move through the course units. (I'm also curious as to why it starts them at the beginning of the unit instead of straight to the first unanswered question in there)

They get to the skeleton test and end of unit password, enter answers and save, then click on next and it shows as unit 3 but tells them the need to complete all previous modules https://cl.ly/300i3O2D1z2s

They click on Units again and it shows them with 100% pass on Unit 1 and 2, but that unit 3 is locked : screenshot https://cl.ly/1Z2U2C2b2s23

Basically the Canine skeleton test and end of unit password are requiring refilling to advance to the next unit, but once competed the user is blocked from commencing unit 3 still, they go back and the answers require resubmitting, but end up in a loop of answering, next, re-answering, etc. and can't access unit 3.

Thanks

Shane

• Nithin

Hi ShaneR,

Hope you are doing good today.

Thank you for sharing the video, I was able to notice the same in your system, however I'm not able to replicate the same. You can't access unit 3, because user hasn't passed unit 2, and since the option User also needs to pass all required assessments is enabled the course won't progress due to that.

To troubleshoot this further, could you please enable debug mode, so that we could have a better idea. To enable it, open your wp-config.php file located in your root directory, and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

After making the above changes, please try to replicate the issue. The related errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/ directory.

Please attach these in your next reply in txt format file, so that we could give a closer look. You can find more details about debugging here.

Please let us know how that goes, have a nice day.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin

Hey ShaneR,

Hope you are doing good today.

File attached

Unfortunately the file didn't get attached in your previous reply, please make sure that the file extension is txt. If not, easiest would be to use Dropbox, or Google Drive to share the link to your debug.log file, so that we could give a closer look at this.

Please do let us know once you have debug.log file ready, have a nice day.

Best Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin

Hi ShaneR,

Thank you for sharing the debug.log file, unfortunately the logs doesn't give any clue regarding the current issue. I could see you are using v2.0.5, we have a new release of CoursePress plugin v2.0.6. Would recommend you to update the plugin, and then check whether it works, or not. The latest version of the plugin comes with many fixes, and we would like to test this issue in the latest update in your system.

Please do let us know how that goes, so that I could check this with the developer, if needed. Have a nice day.

Best Regards,
    Nithin