CoursePress Units Setting / Assessment

Hello,
We have a course which contains 4 units. And also first unit contain 4 pages. Just last page has mandatory answer field and the other pages are created for direct the student easly. And coursepress push the student see all pages that unit contain for student can be able to pass next step. Even we unchecked the “User needs to answer all mandatory assessments and view all pages in order to access the next unit” option when we create units. We just check the only “User also needs to pass all mandatory assessments” option. So, what’s wrong with it?
I’m going to explain how we creat a process for this course. In first page of first step, we are asking the student “What kind of devices are you going to use in this course?” in the text area and we have 2 button as “Computer” and “Mobile Phone”. And if student choose the “Computer” and push that button student will direct to the second page of first unit either if student will chose “Mobile Phone” he will direct to the third page of first unit. And lastly student will direct to the forth page of first unit even student will be in second or third page.In last page, student must give an answer for the pass the other units. We will assesst student’s answer and give students grade for first unit. Here is the problem. When student (lest say he), chose “Computer” option and he directed second page, and when he finish the read the text that written in second page he went to the forth page to finish first unit. Finally he gave answer to question and push to “Done” button for pass second unit in forth page. We saw his assessment and gave him %100 grade for he can pass. But his first units compelete percent stuck in %80 and he couldn’t pass next unit. And then we realized student must see all pages which first unit contain for pass next units. After student saw all four pages first unit compelete percent changed to %100 and he could be able to pass 2.unit. But in our system if student chose “Computer” he doesn’t need to see “Mobile Phone” I mean third page or if he chose “Mobile Phone” option, he doesn’t need to see “Computer” (second) page and he must be able to pass next unit.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Orhan,

I noticed that you are still using 1.2.6.6 version of the plugin - could you update it to the latest 1.3 version and see if this fix problem?

If not would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Rupok

Hi Orhan

Hope you had a wonderful day.

in our system if student chose “Computer” he doesn’t need to see “Mobile Phone” I mean third page or if he chose “Mobile Phone” option, he doesn’t need to see “Computer” (second) page and he must be able to pass next unit.

I'm afraid it can't be done with currently available optionsin CoursePress. But this seems to be an important option. So I'm moving your thread to our Features and Feedback section. More people liking the idea more chances our developers will work on this and will include this feature of jumping through pages in our future releases.

coursepress push the student see all pages that unit contain for student can be able to pass next step

Thanks for granting Support Access. I logged in and found couple of courses having 4 units. Can you please specifically mention any course on which we can make some tests to regenerate the issue?

I'm looking forward to hear from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Ivan Shulev

Hey Orhan,

I hope you are having a nice day so far!

As my colleague Rupok mentioned, the flow you are trying to achieve is not possible with the current CoursePress options, within a single course.

What I would suggest is to create 2 courses - 1 for Mobile and 1 for Desktop. The choice you give them in Unit 1 - the buttons that say "Mobile" and "Desktop" can be a regular page (not a CoursePress unit page) and the buttons link to the mobile and desktop course respectively.

I have made an example page called "Test course buttons" in which I have buttons that link to the courses and buttons for directly signing up for the course via the coursepress shortcode (more about CP shortcodes - https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/coursepress-pro/#product-usage):

[course_join_button]

Feel free to use whichever method you like.

Then to create a unique user scenario, based on the initial step they took, whether Mobile or Desktop, you could create specific follow-up courses that accept only members who have completed the prerequisite course. I have created a course called "Test mobile follow-up", which only accepts members that have completed the "Test mobile" course first:

You can do an equivalent follow-up course for Desktop.

I hope this helps and I wish you an awesome day ahead!

Ivan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.