CoursePress Update Causes User Login Issue
Current CoursePress Pro 1.2.4.6 - Test User Login works
After CoursePress Pro Update to latest version - Test User Login Fails
Please Advise...

vTrade - Support access is ACTIVE until May 12, 2015 2:49 am

• Anang
    • New Recruit

Hi There

Thanks for contacting us :slight_smile: It seems we can't access your site through WPMUDEV Dashboard because some login protection plugin. Would you mind send us our login detail through contact form ?
    Subject: "Attn: Anang"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls
    Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :simple_smile:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Best Regards :slight_smile:

• VirtualArtists
    • The Incredible Code Injector

hi : We have deactivated the "Force Login" Plugin - which is only active during our development and testing stage. Please try again, and you should now be able to login via Support Access.
    Please Check - CoursePress Update - Login Conflict for UserName = "Melody"
    Great Support - Please advise next steps...

• VirtualArtists

hi - Yes - you are correct. Per your advice - we just ran the CoursePress Pro 1.2.5.7o update. Now, after this upgrade, UserName = "Melody" - is no longer able to login. Since this update prevents our User login, our website is basically down, until this PlugIn issue is resolved.

Support Access Extended:
    Support access is ACTIVE until May 12, 2015 2:42 pm

• Anang
    • New Recruit

Hi

Sorry for late response :slight_frown: I can't access your site through staff access, could you try revoke and grant me access again ? Also could you try restart your web server ? There's a session issues in current update, could you try it while we will looking for permanent fix ?

Let me know the result :slight_smile:

Best Regards

• VirtualArtists

hi - Since this server is a Cloud Server - we have no option to restart web server. We can try clearing browser Session Cache, but that did not seem to fix the issue before.
    Currently: UserName = Melody - cannot login to this site - after CoursePress Upgrade.
    Please Advise...
    We have granted you access - Please try to access site again:
    Support access is ACTIVE until May 15, 2015 9:43 pm

• VirtualArtists

hi - The current CoursePress Upgrade causes some Users no longer able to login. This basically would cause any WordPress site to be totally "down", and unusable. The only current fix is to roll back the CoursePress updates, or discontinue using CoursePress PlugIn.

Please mark this issue as high priority - and advise next steps to resolve
    Support access is ACTIVE until May 16, 2015 4:06 am

• VirtualArtists

hi : Updates to an external PlugIn should not require our staff to change settings in php.ini - this breaks stability of any production site. Since this CoursePress update bug breaks User Logins, we cannot afford this instability in any production site. We will create a replica stage site to test against, until this issue is resolved.

- First we need to rollback this CoursPress update - back to version 1.2.4.6 - at this CoursePress version, the User "Melody" can login with no issues. So this is a clear bug in CoursePress updates.

- Next : It seems another WPMU Issues has been filed on this, and the engineer may have found some jQuery bug - see here:
    ----------
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/coursepress-pro-user-cant-login?replies=20#post-880378
    ----------
    "I did manage to get the /courses page to load partially by being very patient & persistent, lol, and found the culprit: there is a jQuery function that appears to be ill-defined (.knob) as that's tripping things up. Error message in console is: Uncaught TypeError: jQuery(...).knob is not a function (screenshot below).

I'm really not sure how to handle the issue here, so I've flagged our 2nd-level support team to see if one of the code wiz-kids can help out."
    ----------
    Please have a look at the bug found above, and please advise next steps

• Anang
    • New Recruit

Hi

It seems like there's some kind of bug here. As far as I know, the developer is working on a fix now, so hopefully a solution or update should be ready soon. I'm not able to give you any ETA on this but I'll surely keep you informed on the go.

Please keep an eye on this thread for further updates!

Best Regards

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.