coursepro crashes Server Error Status 404 not Found

Hi, I posted a support ticket yesterday about the same thing on one website I just started, so I decided to see if I could install this on another website that I've used for several years, and it also failed with the same results.

Is it because I'm just a trial member? If I joined would I have access to this plugin?

In the other ticket I posted, someone kindly sent me a link to the plugin and I attempted to upload it through the regular plugin interface. I did that with this new website. and it seemed to work, except it told me I needed to upgrade to coursepress2. BUT suggested I backup before I do that, so I followed those links and installed snapshot... which... ended up crashing my system.

So, I'm not sure if my hosting can't handle your plugins or what. BUT it seems to work a littl ebetter when I don't use the WPMUDEV dashboard, but I can't seem to find where to download the plugins. Is that ONLY available after my trial?

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi wendaone,

Hope you're doing well

I had a look at your other thread and the issue does seem that's caused by some missing files during the initial installation.

CoursePress is bit larger than other WP plugins since it's quite complex so it could be that your site is timing out when uploading it via WP plugins panel.
    I would suggest to try uploading the plugin directly to your wp-content/plugins/ folder via FTP or cPanel.

Is it because I'm just a trial member? If I joined would I have access to this plugin?

With trial account plugins can only be installed via WPMU DEV Dashboard, with full account you will get access to download link as well, you will see it on plugin page like this:

If you're having issues with Snapshot as well it might be worth checking debug log.

Can you enable debug log in your wp-config.php by replacing define('WP_DEBUG', false); with this code:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

Activate Snapshot and if your site crashes again it should create debug.log file in your wp-content folder that could tell us what is going on.
    Can you please save it as .txt file and attach it here so we can check it out.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• wendaone

Thanks.
      I can't use snapshot, it completely crashed my site and I had to uninstall wordpress and start over, which is a hassle.... but I guess I really needed to start from scratch. I crashed my site this morning again by installing Marketpress, so I went into file manager and deleted the marketpress folder from the plugins folder, and it seems to be ok.
      My goal is to start a membership site that has an educational component. Maybe I don't need marketpress.

I have to say, I've never experienced such a problem loading plugins before... I'm not a programmer or developer... I'd say more of a CONSTANT USER, so I have a lot of experience USING wordpress and all of it's fantastical stuff... but I will say, this has been a pretty frustrating experience. I'm hoping the value in the end will outweight the challenges. I've contacted my hosting support about the latest error message from Marketpress :

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in /home/wendaone/public_html/www.creativecashsystem.com/wp-includes/class.wp-scripts.php on line 447

in the hopes that there is something I can tweak there to stop this from happening.

I'm almost afraid to try anything from WPMUDEV because almost everything crashes my site.

Thanks for your reply. I guess i'll have to try the full membership and then decide whether there is value.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi wendaone,

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with our other plugins as well, I understand that this can be frustrating however this is not something that should happen or that we have reported often.

Based on your fatal error it seems like your memory limit is set to low value and that could be causing those other issues as well.

Could you try bumping up your memory limit and see there are improvements after that?

You can increase the WordPress memory and maximum execution time by following the instructions provided on below page.
    http://docs.woothemes.com/document/increasing-the-wordpress-memory-limit/

Best regards,
    Predrag

• wendaone

Hi there. I'm no longer getting the memory allocation error, and I did talk to my host, they said that there isn't any problem there. NOW, I'm just getting a failure when I try to install coursepress. The MPMUDEV interface says: failed, usually caused by rights to wp-content folder. Which is strange, because I don't have any problem loading any other plugins. This one is really a challenge and it seems to be the only Courseware type plugin available at WPMUDEV.

• wendaone

WAIT! HOLD THE PHONE... I got it installed... and activated.... and.... wait.... nope.
    I selected the configure button and got sent to: http://www.creativecashsystem.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=courses&quick_setup with the following message: Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page.
    ummmm... ok no worries, looks like I can do the configuration manually through the dashboard. MAN what a hassle. Thanks for your help.
    BTW, I'm not sure why it worked this time, I just hope I don't invest the time in building courses and then it crashes.... again

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello wendaone!

Sine you probably already raised the WP memory limit (as suggested in this post) make sure that you set it to a value like "256M" or even "512M" if you host allows that.

If other aspects of the site are fine, that should fix the issue. Otherwise a full theme/plugin conflict test would be required as it would most likely be caused by some other plugin/setting of the plugin/script coming from the plugin.

To conduct a conflict test you would want to follow the steps from the flowchart in this article:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Kind regards,
    Adam