Coursepro dates are not working properly

In Course pro, the dates are not working properly. I have a course already made and I have set the date to be open for enrollment and it will not work. The second issue is I have the date in my units set up to be available on different dates and they all show up at the same time. How do I fix these situations? Please help!!!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Garret,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your questions!

In Course pro, the dates are not working properly. I have a course already made and I have set the date to be open for enrollment and it will not work

I accessed your site and I see that the course has been set to be open for enrollment since Nov 2nd so it's now free to join. I was able to register and enroll for that course on your site so this part seems to be working right. I suppose though that I may be missing some point here so could you please elaborate a bit more on this? A simple "case scenario" on how could I replicate the issue that you are referring to would be very helpful.

The second issue is I have the date in my units set up to be available on different dates and they all show up at the same time. How do I fix these situations? Please help!!!

I just tested this on my site and the dates seem to work properly. On your site however the "availability starting dates" for units has already passed by so all the units are available. In order to test it I'd either need to change the dates for the course and units or you could create an additional ("dummy") course with dates in future. Could you do this please or am I allowed to change course dates on your site?

Let me know please.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Garrett

Thank you Adam. So I changed the date so that you can try to enroll for today's start date. You won't be able to for some reason. I have to make it no end date for people to enroll.
    2) Now that I have it set you should only be able to see unit one. But for some reason it shows all of them at once and I don't want it to be available until the date I have it set. I hope that makes sense. =0)

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Garrett,

Thanks for changing the dates and for additional explanation.

So I changed the date so that you can try to enroll for today's start date. You won't be able to for some reason.

I can't enroll because the enrollment ending date is set to Nov 5th and that means today. You do not need to keep the "no end date" option to let people enroll unless you want to. The dates however should be set a bit differently. The current setup (start Nov 4th and end Nov 5th) essentially lets students to enroll only on Nov 4th. If you wish to keep it open for e.g. 3 day since Nov 4th - the days would be 4th, 5th and 6th so you would set start date to Nov 4th and end date to Nov 7th.

Now that I have it set you should only be able to see unit one. But for some reason it shows all of them at once and I don't want it to be available until the date I have it set. I hope that makes sense.

In course configuration I can see that the last ("Day 4") unit is set to be made available on Nov 6th. This is also what I see after enrolling: the "Day 4" unit is marked with a different color and a note that it will be available since Novemeber 6th 2016. I also can't access that unit.

This is an expected behavior and the way it is suppose to work so that is working properly.

I suppose though that the goal here is to make that unit completely "hidden" until it goes "live" so it wasn't even visible on the course details page, is that right? This is not supported "out of the box" by CoursePress but it can be easily solved with a single CSS line:

.li-locked-unit {display:none;}

I have already added it to the "Custom CSS" box (at the end of existing code) on the "Appearance -> Custom CSS" page in your site's dashboard. Now that "not active yet" unit is not displayed to the students.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Garrett

Your are so great Adam! Thank you for being a savior! Last question. Do you know why when i set it to enroll up to a certain date it doesn't allow enrollment? For example i can say the dates to enroll are from November 7th to November 10th and on November 10th it will not let anyone enroll. So in actuality the way it's set up from what I have been able to gather is November 9th is actually the last day someone can enroll in the class vs November 10th which is what it actually shows. Can you tell me is that the way it's supposed to be? Or is there something we can do about that? Thank you so much in advance Adam! You have truly been absolutely great for my launch.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Garret!

I'm glad that I could help :slight_smile:

As for enrollments dates. The first day when enrollment becomes open is the date set as "start" day but the enrollments lasts until the "end date" not including it. This is the default behavior and even though I agree it's not quite "intuitive" the solution is simple.

You wish enrollment to be open from November 7th to November 10th, including the November 10th. Therefore the "start" date should be set to November 7th and the "end" date to November 11th. In other words, the "end" date should be set to the "last day of enrollment open + 1 day" :slight_smile:

I hope that helps.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.