Coursepro: Do not know how to setup my courses

Hello,
I hope you are doing well. SO I need help in the worse way! I have coursepro and I have setup everything I need in a course but I don't know what to do to get it visible for members to enroll. I use a different theme from what your team have built. I don't know what to do. Does the course automatically setup the pages for the course to be on? Do I need to create another page and use all the short codes that will give my students the ability to take each unit, have discussion, or chat, etc., or is it already created for me? I have so many questions but I think If you can tell me how to setup my course up for my members I think I can answer the questions I haven't asked yet. Thank you in advance for all of your help. I have researched this and there isn't anything that will give me a step by step way to have go live on my site. Just so you know I have already looked into this.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Garrett,

Detailed instruction on how to setup CoursePress is on usage page of the project https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/coursepress-pro/#product-usage

I checked your site and plugin is configured properly except that you tried to create page with the same slug as course (self-talk) - that created conflict.
    I trashed that page and now courses are showing correctly under /classes/ and /classes/self-talk

Course page (course and units pages) are virtual pages - there is no need to create them as "normal" WordPress pages - especially when using same slugs.

Your course enrollment date already passed so students will be not able to enroll now. When you change those dates - button for enrollment will show.

What I noticed is that your theme does not play nicely with courses - there is need for small CSS adjustments:

.course .readmore {display: none;}
    .course-box .label {color: #000; font-size: 100%;}
    .course .post-header{
    display: block;
    }

You can
    a) add it to the child theme style.css file
    b) use this small plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Garrett

Thank you so much for your help! I just notice two other issues to go with what you just fixed.
    1) On my academy page, I have a image where I wanted it to go to the course page so I link the image to the course page but it will send me to my profile. How do I fix it where I can click it and it will go to the course page?
    2) I changed the dates and I still don't see the enroll bottom for members to enroll in. How do I correct that issue as well?

• Garrett

Update*** SO #1 I still have issue with. #2 I figured out the enrollment piece of it but now I can get my dates to work where members can enroll during the enroll times I set. I have a dummy profile up and I was able to finally enroll but it won't show the units to do. I set it up for today but it will show no units available...come back later. How do I get the dates to release the units and how do I get the dates to allow members to enroll during the specific dates? while I have you, One more thing. =0) I tested the payment method and it works great but how do I get the the page after they pay to redirect to the units page or dashboard?

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Garrett,

1) On my academy page, I have a image where I wanted it to go to the course page so I link the image to the course page but it will send me to my profile. How do I fix it where I can click it and it will go to the course page?

That image is linked to Registration page - not to course page. Link is /profile/register/ - if you check this as loggein user then you will see your profile - when logged out you will see registration form. Your courses page is /classes/ so you would need to edit that link there and change it.

I have a dummy profile up and I was able to finally enroll but it won't show the units to do. I set it up for today but it will show no units available...come back later. How do I get the dates to release the units and how do I get the dates to allow members to enroll during the specific dates?

I checked dates of your course and dates courses are opening are in future - so course with enrollment date November 4, 2016 - November 17, 2016 will open on November 17, 2016 so until that date no unit will be available. However I would change availability of first unit, so it will be available instantly, when course will open. Remove date in first unit so when course will open, students will get access to that unit right away.

while I have you, One more thing. =0) I tested the payment method and it works great but how do I get the the page after they pay to redirect to the units page or dashboard?

There is no option for redirect - sometimes payment gateways can take while to be processed so students after payment go to order page and there they see payment status and when its completed then can click link to course directly. Next time when they use students login page they will be redirected to their dashboard.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.