Courses Assigned to Students not Showing up on Dashboard Page

Hey there!

I've got a bug going on that I seriously need help with - working at test location here:

http://dearhandmade.staging.wpengine.com/

And I'm working on a marketpress button shortcode workaround in my coursepress class info pages so that customers can buy as many classes and products from the shop as they want in one transaction. I've got it looking nice, went to test, assigned a coursepress class to a user, got the hey you're in the class email, but NO class is showing up in the dashboard!

I granted support access, please get back to me on this as soon as possible. Much appreciated!

steph

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi Steph!

I'd love to help, but I think I'll need some more information here.

Can you tell me more about this workaround to add multiple courses to the cart at once? I suspect that while the course is added and the email is sent, there's a step that's being left out, which is why courses aren't added to the student dashboard. How did you implement that workaround?

Are you seeing these students listed in the course enrollment list?

This will be hard for me to test without purchasing your courses, would you be willing to create a temporary coupon for 100% discount? You can send it to me privately like so:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Subject: "Attn: Michelle Shull"

In the message area, link back to this thread.

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Thanks!

• Steph Calvert
    • The Crimson Coder

Hey there! See below:

"Can you tell me more about this workaround to add multiple courses to the cart at once? I suspect that while the course is added and the email is sent, there's a step that's being left out, which is why courses aren't added to the student dashboard. How did you implement that workaround?"

I've had multiple conversations with WPMUDEV about coursepress' default where student can only buy one class at a time. See this thread: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/let-students-buy-more-than-one-class-at-a-time-in-coursepress#post-889442

My workaround is in progress - it doesn't affect any of the core coursepress files so it shouldn't be changing the functionality of the plugin at all. I created a regular page here that uses marketpress button shortcodes instead of the coursepress buttons to sell classes: http://dearhandmade.staging.wpengine.com/shop/online-workshops/ and then when you click on details, I've got some css that hides the coursepress enroll box and I've inserted the marketpress button shortcodes into the long descriptions of the courses.

It's not a completed thing yet... still in progress on that staging site but it's heading in a good direction.

"Are you seeing these students listed in the course enrollment list?"

I am seeing students in the course enrollment list, yup.

"This will be hard for me to test without purchasing your courses, would you be willing to create a temporary coupon for 100% discount? "

Yup yup, will make this happen and shoot it to you with login credentials momentarily. Thank you!

steph

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi @Steph Calvert,

I have some theory about this, the first thing is the course is added, but, it still not link to the student. I will need more information for further debug, Can you please send in:

- Mark to my attention - ATTN: Hoang Ngo
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include admin/network access
    - Include cPanel (I will need to look at the DB so need PHPMyAdmin or similar)
    - Include FTP
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

Thanks!!.

Best regards,
    Hoang

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi @Steph Calvert,
    I hope you are well today.
    Thanks for your information, I checked the database, and I have some questions. Example here is a course http://dearhandmade.staging.wpengine.com/shop/products/indigo-blue-textile-kit-yellow-owl-workshop/

And after the users purchase the course, it supposed to be in your student dashboard, right? I found the main issue is your MP product doesn't have any relations to the Course. Usually, when you create a course, and in the last step, you decide to make it as paid code, after this done, CoursePress will auto create an MP product, and store the product_id with the course. So after the product purchased, CoursePress can check and understand the connection.

But your product doesn't have any connection to any course, that's why no course display on the student dashboard, can you please let me know how you create the product?

Best regards,
    Hoang

• Steph Calvert
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi there, sorry for the lag in response I've been out of office.

That item you're linking to shouldn't show up in the class dashboard because it's a product in the Marketpress shop. "Yellow Owl Workshop" is the name of the company that made the textile kit.

These are the Coursepress classes that need to show up in the student dashboard when they've been purchased:

http://dearhandmade.staging.wpengine.com/shop/online-workshops/

Please help me work this out soon, client has spent a lot of money on this site and really needs it to go live so she can start earning back some of that cash.

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

@Steph Calvert,

Thanks for your information. After debugging your site, I found that the issue is about your theme. The CSS class enroll-box is set display:none, that's why the courses list won't show.

Please remove that, and everything will be ok, please check my screenshot.

Best regards,
    Hoang

• Steph Calvert
    • The Crimson Coder

Ok I need help with some guidance. I hid the enroll box because we HAVE to have the customers able to buy more than one class and all the products they want in one transaction.

If you look at a course description that you haven't purchased, you'll see I've added a marketpress shortcode to the long description so we can use that buy button instead of coursepress', which WILL let customer buy as much as they want in one transaction.

If the dashboard is the same enroll-box class... how can i write a css rule so it's not hidden for a student looking at the dashboard? Rolling this around in my head, looking forward to feedback.

This would be SO MUCH EASIER if coursepress would just let buyers buy as much as they wanted instead of one course per transaction.

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi @Steph Calvert,

I hope you are well today.

I added this code to your mu-plugins.php

add_filter( 'shortcode_atts_course_list', 'shortcode_atts_course_list' );
    function shortcode_atts_course_list( $atts ) {
    	global $coursepress;
    	$url = $coursepress->get_student_dashboard_slug( true );
    	if ( cp_curPageURL() == $url ) {
    		$atts['course_class']='workshop-courses-list';
    	}

return $atts;
    }

So now, the courses list on the page Your Workshop will use the class workshop-courses-list instead of enroll-box, and you can style it as the way you want, and worry free about the conflict.
    The changes only affect to WorkShop page, other pages still work as usual.

Best regards,
    Hoang

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.