Courses not showing up in Front End

So we've found a little bug that is quite frustrating. Some of our courses were not showing up in the front-end. It's as if there weren't there even though we could see them in the backend. This was on a course category template and the courses were assigned to the category.

What we ended up finding through some testing and trial and error is that until we 'drag and dropped' the course (or a course assigned to the same course-category) in the course list it wouldn't show up. As soon as we attempted to reposition the course even if we didn't actually change the order then the course would show up.

In the 'Course Order' setting we are using Post Order Number and ascending.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Susan,

Thank you for your question.

I can see you are using older version of Coursepress plugin so please try updating it to the latest verison.

Could you please share me the course URL or name which is not displaying in the front end and also share the course category template page URL where it should be displayed so that i can test it?

Would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some troubleshooting? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings as described on the following page and reply on this thread after granting it?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Susan

I'm sorry, I'm running the plugin currently in a Test and Stage environment and in Test I'm running 1.2.3.3 due to a bug that crops up in 1.2.3.4. However in Stage I am still running the latest 1.2.4.2. I may have selected the test site when opening this ticket and I apologize for that. I can attempt giving you access to the site, but the problem is all resolved by "moving" the courses around and so it can't be replicated at the moment. I know this is difficult to therefore troubleshoot. I will keep an eye out for if it happens again so that I can give you more details.

It may be difficult to give you access into the site as it is currently only in our Test and Stage environments and those are both behind a firewall.

• Vaughan

Hi susan,

No problem on that, The latest version does have a lot of fixes, so it's always best to keep updated. As it looks like you are not having this issue currently, I will mark this thread as resolved for now. However should the issue return, please feel free to re-open the thread or start a new one and we can take a closer look at it, but we would always recommend to use the latest version as we could spend hours trying to debug an old version, to find it has actually been fixed and works fine in a later release.

Cheers

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Dave,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

Thanks for posting in this thread, however it might be best if you open your own here https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question , even if the issues seem closely related. That way it will remain independent of this one and ensure it doesn't confuse issues here if this thread needs reopening again by the author.

It also means the member who started this thread or anyone following it isn't inundated with post notifications each time we respond to each other. A lengthy thread could annoy the original

This also allows us to better track and answer your questions to ensure we don't miss any for ya.

You can also include reference of this thread in your newly created thread if you want to.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread :slight_smile:

Thanks,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.