Courspress Documentation

Where is the documentation for this COURSEPRESS PRO PLUGIN?
and
Is there a FORUM only for COURSEPRESS PRO?

Thank you

• Ken Kimbrell
    • The Crimson Coder

Hello Josh-

I see you are in search of documentation for our CoursePress Pro plugin. You can find that information here: CoursePress Pro Plugin Just click on the "USAGE" tab below to get a more detailed documentation of the uses and functionality of the plugin. See a visual representation below:

Is there a FORUM only for COURSEPRESS PRO?

Yes all of our forums are tagged and you can search for CoursePress Plugin related questions here: CoursePress Plugin Related Forums

Let me know how this works for you!

Take Care,

Ken - WPMU DEV Support

• Josh
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Ken,
    Yes I have reviewed that USAGE tab twice. Its a nice "getting started" high-level-overview of the product but its dated but doesn't have any useful value for people past the setup.

Once courses are setup, there ought to be additional USAGE tutorials for understanding the INSTRUCTOR and STUDENT dashboards, how to assign them and get to them from the back-end and the front end of the website (if they exist) , and finally some discussion about how the Coursepress PRO should be expect to function and viewed (With Screenshots!) from the frontend.

I realize that reads very critical of the plugin, but its a truth that should be evaluated.

IN the short term - people who buy and try this PRO version of Coursepress are really left to mercy of the forums without growing documentation on USAGE.

DO YOU think this is going to grow anytime in the coming 1-3 weeks?

Best Regards
    Josh

• Ken Kimbrell
    • The Crimson Coder

Hello Josh-

we are working on massive improvements of the plugin as well as more robust documentation that will be out really soon. As for an ETA, i do not have an exact time-frame to provide.

If you let me know the scope of your project and the desired result, I could help guide you in the right direction. In addition, you can also grant us temporary support access to your website so we can have a better look of your setup and settings. You can grant us access via WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin, there's no need to share credentials. Here's our detailed documentation page about it:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-4

We'll wait for your confirmation reply here, as we don't get any notification when a member is granting us support access. We could then dig in and further investigate this!

Take Care,

Ken - WPMU DEV Support

• Josh

KEN,

Can you update me on the Courspress Updates that you are working on? Is there an official demo site yet and are there any documentation updates?

I have enabled support today on the site and I am hoping to get some help, I just don't understand how the plugin works fully because there is a lot of explanation needed.

-Josh

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Josh

I hope you are doing well!

I do apologize, though the CoursePress documentation is not online yet. The only documentation can be found here, on the Usage page.

Some of the blog posts posted bellow may also help you out:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/membership-2-coursepress-pro/
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/woocommerce-coursepress-lms-integration/
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/add-courses-to-your-wordpress-site-in-just-10-minutes/

I have enabled support today on the site and I am hoping to get some help, I just don't understand how the plugin works fully because there is a lot of explanation needed.

Please let me know, what would you like to ask us and what you wish to achieve with CoursePress?

Please advise,

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Josh

Questions:
    -- What is the status of the next release for Courspress Pro? (dates, features, etc)

-- What's the status on some documentation for the Coursepress Component?

Note: It's still sorely lacking in tutorials / guides from WPMUDEV for:

------ Course Management -------
    Administer instructors and students*
    Manage Grading of the students submitted work*
    Generate Unit/Course/Site-wide Reporting*

Mike / Josh

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Josh,

-- What is the status of the next release for Courspress Pro? (dates, features, etc)

You can check the current roadmap for CoursePress at the following link. This includes a target release date. While this isn't set in stone (due to last minute QA, bug fixes, UX improvements, etc.), we do our very best to meet our target release window. https://premium.wpmudev.org/roadmap/

-- What's the status on some documentation for the Coursepress Component?

I'm afraid there is no hard set ETA on this at the moment. Or Docs Team is working on this, though. You can check the following URL and see what docs are available and monitor this for an update. https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/

Thank you for your feedback on which Docs you feel would be useful. I will forward this to our Docs Team so that they can consider it for inclusion.

Best regards,

James Morris

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Josh,

We are currently working on the final touches for CoursePress 3.0. This is going to be a major update to the plugin and will render the previous docs completely obsolete. Our team is focusing on the docs for this new major version so that members will be able to get up and running with CP 3.0 as quick as possible.

I hope this clarifies a bit.

Best regards,

James Morris

• Josh

Does the Coursepress 3.0 include a new Front-end Coursepress /dashboard (virtual or otherwise)?
    Do you have a l list of changes (roadmap) that explains what is coming in terms of change?

A huge part of Coursepress 2/x that needs to be looked at is how students use the dashboard and making it easier for them to get to their courses without hunting all over the main menu for items related just to them.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.