Courspress Network Activate Creating Problems on Upfront Sites

I have a few sites I've created with upfront. My understanding is that coursepress doesn't work with upfront sites so I've created another alternate site that doesn't use upfront but when I turn the plugin on each site that was built with upfront gets an error message.

• Michelle Shull

Hi, Liz!

Can you try activating CoursePress on a site-by-site basis, rather than Network Activating? Does this still cause an error in the Upfront sites?

What error are you seeing? Where is the error appearing, on the front or back end? Does the error appear immediately after you activate CoursePress, or are there any other steps you take between activation and seeing the error? Do you happen to have WP_DEBUG set to true in your wp-config.php file? (To show all error messages?)

• Liz

Hi Michelle,

I still seem to be having a problem with the coursepress plugin. The site I'm trying to use this with isn't using an upfront theme. It's using one of the basic wordpress themes. The error is here
    "Fatal error: Cannot redeclare clean_url() (previously declared in /home1/desigor5/public_html/lizsmithcreative/wp-includes/deprecated.php:2087) in /home1/desigor5/public_html/lizsmithcreative/includes/functions.php on line 454

It's the same error I get when I've tried to install with an upfront theme.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Liz, thanks for your patience here, hope your weekend was pleasant! :slight_smile:

I'm not able to reproduce this error over on my test Multisite, and I tried using a default theme myself, network activating Snapshot & WordPress SEO as well.

I do see what you mean though when it comes to creating a new site on your Multisite, I'm getting the same error you are. I should note that there's an update available for CoursePress Pro, could you try giving that a go, and seeing if that helps?

Should you still run into this error, we'll want to have a deeper look at things here. In that case, could you please send in the following via our secure contact form:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress network admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

On the contact form (linked to below), please select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

Thanks a bunch! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Liz, thanks for sending in those details! :slight_smile:

After looking into this further... that /includes/functions.php mentioned in the error you're seeing doesn't look to be related to WordPress, seems to be for some sort of image editing software? Not sure why the clean_url function from it would be called from within CoursePress Pro though, not seeing anything in the code that would do that right off the bat.

For now, I've renamed the functions.php file there to functions-renamed.php, and I'm now seeing that my test site on your network is back online. Could you confirm that things are working as they should be on your end please? :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,