Courspress theme defaults to plugin

Ok I'm really frustrated with these themes from WPMU. I love everything else, but the themes are so hard to modify. I am trying to do just that with the coursepress theme. I followed the instructions here https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-do-i-create-a-child-theme-for-coursepress-pro-theme but even after doing that, and activating it from the themes directory, it still calls the styles from within the plugin. How do I get it to call the styles I need from /wp-content/coursepress/style.css ?

Also, a feature request, could you add an easy to use custom style sheet manager on all future releases of themes? All premium themes I know of have a section from where you can simply edit styles. None of your themes, at least the ones I've tried has it, forcing people to have to create child themes and ftp the files each time. Thanks

• Ash

Hello @Marcel Ellis

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

When you copy the whole theme from /wp-content/plugins/coursepress-pro/themes/coursepress to /wp-content/themes/coursepress/ then delete the coursepress folder from /wp-content/plugins/coursepress-pro/themes/.

Now, go to Appearances > Themes and activate another theme, then activate coursepress theme again.

Once you enable this theme, the style will be loaded from themes directory.

About the custom css, you can use a plugin like My Custom CSS.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.