Cpanel vs Plesk?

Hey all,

I recently got a managed server through peer1, and they installed plesk on it, which so far has been an absolute pain in the ass to use. (3 days to get a wordpress blog installed on it. Lol)

Does anyone have any experience with the difference between the two? Wordpress running on Plesk or on Cpanel? Easy of use/scalability/tech problems?

One of my good techie friends loves plesk, and another one despises it. Lol. Looking for some good information from multisite owners.

-dave

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Plesk, *We need some spitting smillies on here please*

I don't like it at all!

If you need a control panel then for me it has to be cPanel because it just works we sell shared hosting with cPanel accounts to all our clients (Unless they host in a WPMU install). We even offer it as an optional extra on dedicated servers.

I just think the whole look of cPanel is much nicer especially with the blueroy theme, I presume with you having a server as opposed to just hosting then you have the WHM backend as well?

I have to be honest in saying though that it has been a fair while since I used Plesk so I could be wrong about recent versions but I found it hard to understand sometimes, counter intuitive and a general pain in the rear.

Do they have plugin type support for things similar to Fantastico? (other products similar to this) Because that will install WordPress for you without battering an eye lid.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.