CPT not visible to another plugin

I'm using a theme which makes use of some CPTs. I've got a plugin which can filter and display posts and which accepts CPTs in addition to core Posts.

The plugin can see the CPTs used by the theme and makes them available for filtering and display.

I've used CustomPress to create a CPT of my own with a hierarchical taxonomy and that seems to have worked for me being able to see the CPT on my admin menu and create posts and assign them to the taxonomy.

However, the CPT created with CustomPress isn't visible to this other plugin.

Is there an option I have to tweak in CustomPress for this CPT to make it accessible by this other plugin? It's probably something obvious...

• Nastia

Hello @itsnotrocketsurgery, I hope you are well today!

I'm sorry to hear you have this issue.

I need a little bit more information to have a closer look.

I've got a plugin which can filter and display posts and which accepts CPTs in addition to core Posts.

Would you please tell me what is the name of the plugin?

You mentioned that you are creating CPTs with your theme. Will I find those settings in Appearance -> Theme options -> Blog?

Please advise and keep the access open.

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• itsnotrocketsurgery

Thanks for your reply.

The plugin for filtering and displaying posts is WP Posts Pro.

I'm not creating CPTs with my theme - the theme includes some CPTs with it, and these appear in WP Posts Pro for filtering and display. However the CPT I've created with CustomPress isn't available.

To check if a CPT can be used in the plugin, go to WP Posts Pro > Manage Rules and Edit the rule I've created. Scroll down to the section Custom Post Types, Taxonomies and Terms Filters and check the box. The plugin lists the post types available, which are currently All, Posts, Pages, Invicta_portfolio (theme CPT), Invicta_photos (theme CPT) and Invicta_videos (theme CPT). I expect to see the CPT I've registered with CustomPress here so I can use it with the plugin, but sadly not. :slight_frown:

• Sajid

Hi @itsnotrocketsurgery,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Its because you have not selected the post type to be public (see screenshot), after changing its public status to true (screenshot), it started showing in the Custom Post Types, Taxonomies and Terms Filters (screenshot).

Hope that helps! If you still need assistance, don't hesitate to ask.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J