CPT Post formats Widget/Nav Views

Hi,

I created a post type that calls in post formats, however on the navigation or Widget options, I only can organize by the default post formats from the defaul post. How can I display widget or menu options to display formats for the specific custom post type?

Thanks!

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hello there!

I'm not quite sure I follow what you're asking but I will take a shot.

I'm pretty sure that you can insert a query in front of the call for posts in the page template that queries your custom post type, that will cause your custom post type to be used instead of the default posts.

Does this help?

Best,

Kimberly

• tad
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I think my question was confusing.

I want to be able to organize the custom post type by post formats, so all videos formats or all audio formats from a CPT. Right now in the custom menus or with taxonomy widgets I am able to choose Formats as an option, but it only displays from the default posts not from the CPT.

I hope this is clearer, let me know if it makes sense to you.

• tad
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Within the screen options in Menus I can select formats to create a menu, circled in attached image. But when I do that, it only shows me formats of default post type, not the CPT I added and included post formats too. I want to show the formats of the posts for the CPT only, not the default post type. Hope this helps.

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it's been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I'd check in to see how you're going?

If you're still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Cheers!
    Tom

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.