CPU spikes every few hours

I have CPU spikes every few hours and I did all things already. I throttled the WP heartbeat, changed the WP Cron to Cpanel cron, optimized SQL Databases, run on a perfect Wordpress server with best references, disabled plugins, removed excess plugins but still the spikes are there. Can someone help?

Michael

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Michael,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

That's might be related to some background process running on site but also to some regular (yet unidentified) spikes of traffic to the site, including DDoS attempts.

Do you have access to server logs? It would be best to review Apache/nginx logs (depending on what web-server you are using) and server's access logs and see if it's possible to find correlation of these spikes with some activity on site and/or traffic "jumps".

Have you already asked your host if they could help you with that? It might be worth a shot as they should be able to at least find out if that's caused by some process related to site (and if so, what would that be) or to a traffic. That would help a lot in deciding on further steps.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.