CPU usage in cPanel showing 100%

My website has been running very slow so did a P3 test and found that BUddyPress and bbPress were using the most load time so de-aactivated both. After de-activation I found that there was no longer any way for users to register as the register page was no longer functional. So I re-activated BuddyPress only to reinstall the register page. (I do have wp-signup.php in my file manager in cPanel) I am running MultiSite with Prosite.
I recently got in touch with my hosting providers to inform them of my site running slow. They suggested I upgrade to VPS?
Thoughts/ideas on the CPU 100% and what it all means please before I get back in touch with the hosting providers?

Peter

• aristath

Hello there @peter, I hope you're well today!

My website has been running very slow so did a P3 test and found that BUddyPress and bbPress were using the most load time so de-aactivated both.

Do you need these plugins? Are you building any community-based website or a forum?

After de-activation I found that there was no longer any way for users to register as the register page was no longer functional.

The "Register" page is a page used by BuddyPress.
    The default WordPress path is on /wp-login.php, could you please try that?

I recently got in touch with my hosting providers to inform them of my site running slow. They suggested I upgrade to VPS?

I would advise against buying a VPS from a company that provides shared hosting plans as well. Most times VPSs from these companies are simply shared plans with more resources.
    I would advise you to buy a VPS from a company like DigitalOcean. They are pretty cheap (you can get a VPS with $5/month) and they are the best I've tried so far.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• peter

Thanks Ari for your nice and informed reply.

I have since disabled BuddyPress and none used plugins.

ok just gone to the 'Log In' and it seems to be showing however the 'Register' link is under the 'Log In' and not very obvious. Is there any other way to make my Register link more available and obvious?

The site I am creating is a site for free and paid memberships according to the levels given in Prosites.

Quite simply a user signs up and given the level of their membership level is the level of plugins available and functions they can have. They can also have multisites etc etc.

With regards to the Digital Ocean (Thanks very much for that) my hosting provider is a reseller account with 50GB Disk Space and 5000 GB Bandwith shared hosting. Looking to Digital Ocean $10plan...would you say that is a better plan for what I want to offer my users?

Regards

Peter

• aristath

ok just gone to the 'Log In' and it seems to be showing however the 'Register' link is under the 'Log In' and not very obvious. Is there any other way to make my Register link more available and obvious?

Well, you could simply add a menu item on your site that points to /wp-login.php?action=register
    You could also use this plugin: http://wordpress.org/plugins/baw-login-logout-menu/screenshots/ I use it on one of my sites and it works flawlessly!

With regards to the Digital Ocean (Thanks very much for that) my hosting provider is a reseller account with 50GB Disk Space and 5000 GB Bandwith shared hosting. Looking to Digital Ocean $10plan...would you say that is a better plan for what I want to offer my users?

Well, 50G of disk space are too much for most use cases... You could start with something smalled than that and if you see you need more then simply upgrade.
    Bandwidth is not an issue...
    If you don't have a problem working with the terminal (VPSs don't have cPanel or something similar) then I would highly recommend it!!!

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.