Craigs List

We had a client that was given the ability to post their cars for sale to Craigs List automatically. We did not see a plugin that could do this for Wordpress. When we started poking around we did find a person looking for that plus AutoTrader at this link.

http://www.freelancer.com/projects/PHP-Script-Install/Dev-Wordpress-Plugin-autopost-autotrader.html

Looks like we are not the only ones looking for this kind of feature to be added to a Classified system.

Thanks for your time considering it.
Mike

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey Mike.

Thanks for the feature suggestion, it would be great to see what other members want. I have to say its the first time I had ever heard of integration but then I only ever use AutoTrader when I buy a car not to sell.

I always thought AutoTrader charged a fee to list.?

Thanks again. :slight_smile:

Take care.

• LubyG
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Tim,

I don't know about AutoTrader but I assume you are correct. CraigsList also has a paid version I believe. The car sales people we met were using some kind of variation to the normal Craigs List according to my business partner Stan who saw the system they use.

It might help to just put a link in the new feature to the paid versions of CraigsList and AutoTrader. I suppose the minimum wold be a way to post to the free version of CraigsList.

Regards,
    Mike

• Clifford P
    • The Bug Hunter

+1 (but I don't do cars). Having some GUI for XML exporting would be AWESOME.

Each industry (mine is primarily real estate) has its own special fields (even varies by location).

But a GUI system that turns custom post types and fields into a variety of different XML outputs would be cool.

Examples:
    Craigslist
    Zillow
    Trulia
    Oodle

Honestly, I'm not sure how different it would be (GUI/plugin vs manual/custom) until I try to make my own XMLs from scratch, but it's definitely on my to-do list so I'd like this!!!

:slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.