Crawl and Sitemap Issues

My SmartCrawl plugin shows me 900 problems on URL Crawl when I try to add the missing links on my sitemap, nothing happens, I tried to increase the sitemap limit items but didn't make difference.

Also when I try to access the /sitemap.xml URL it just returns me a blank page, pleases advice.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Imtiaz,

I see that you have All in one SEO plugin running on your site as well and it seems that it's taking over the Sitemap.
    Using multiple plugins for the same purpose will usually cause more harm than good and can conflict with eachother causing issues.

Could we disable All in One SEO so we can check the sitemap and the links without it?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Imtiaz
    • New Recruit

I added it because i thought the site map from smartcrawl didn't appear.
    the problem is the original sitemap was called sitemap-index and the smartcrawl is set to sitemap
    how can i tell smartcrawl to send it to sitemap-index?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Imtiaz

The "sitemap-index" - that must be coming form some other plugin/sitemap tool than SmartCrawl. SmartCrawl sitemaps are always "domain.com/sitemap.xml" so if you now got two sitemaps where the one from SmartCrawl (at domain.com/sitemap.xml) and the old invalid one (at domain.com/sitemap-index) then the best way to go would be to actually do this:

- access Google Webmaster console
    - remove old sitemap from there
    - submit the new one (from domain.com/sitemap.xml)

This wouldn't get your site out of Google index, it will just tell Google too look for the current/valid sitemap.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.