Crazy code on my site after installing some plugins

When I finished installing several of the WPMU BuddyPress Plugins, the following code appears on my site header. Can you tell me what all this means and what I need to do to remove it?

I did not activate any of the plugins and I am not sure which one or ones are causing this.

if you need to see it for yourself, check edberry.com

vti_encoding:SR|utf8-nl vti_timelastmodified:TR|24 Sep 2009 18:56:22 -0000 vti_extenderversion:SR|12.0.0.4518 vti_author:SR|Edwin-PC\\Edwin vti_modifiedby:SR|Edwin-PC\\Edwin vti_timecreated:TR|24 Sep 2009 18:56:22 -0000 vti_cacheddtm:TX|24 Sep 2009 18:56:22 -0000 vti_filesize:IR|41111 vti_cachedneedsrewrite:BR|false vti_cachedhasbots:BR|false vti_cachedhastheme:BR|false vti_cachedhasborder:BR|false vti_charset:SR|utf-8 vti_backlinkinfo:VX| vti_encoding:SR|utf8-nl vti_timelastmodified:TR|17 Jun 2010 21:12:40 -0000 vti_extenderversion:SR|12.0.0.4518 vti_author:SR|Edwin-PC\\Edwin vti_modifiedby:SR|Edwin-PC\\Edwin vti_timecreated:TR|17 Jun 2010 21:12:40 -0000 vti_cacheddtm:TX|17 Jun 2010 21:12:40 -0000 vti_filesize:IR|9362 vti_cachedlinkinfo:VX|A|options-general.php vti_cachedsvcrellinks:VX|NAUS|Plugins/options-general.php vti_cachedneedsrewrite:BR|false vti_cachedhasbots:BR|false vti_cachedhastheme:BR|false vti_cachedhasborder:BR|false vti_charset:SR|utf-8 vti_backlinkinfo:VX| vti_encoding:SR|utf8-nl vti_timelastmodified:TR|07 Dec 2009 23:08:22 -0000 vti_extenderversion:SR|12.0.0.4518 vti_author:SR|Edwin-PC\\Edwin vti_modifiedby:SR|Edwin-PC\\Edwin vti_timecreated:TR|07 Dec 2009 23:08:22 -0000 vti_cacheddtm:TX|07 Dec 2009 23:08:22 -0000 vti_filesize:IR|5274 vti_cachedneedsrewrite:BR|false vti_cachedhasbots:BR|false vti_cachedhastheme:BR|false vti_cachedhasborder:BR|false vti_charset:SR|utf-8 vti_backlinkinfo:VX

• drmike
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Are you messing in any way with Microsoft's front page because that where "vti_encoding" and the other vti's come from. Either that or one of the plugins (edit: or themes) that you installed included a vti folder. If so, get rid of it.

edit: Just checked with tech support on my end. We make sure that Front Page extensions are turned off on our servers. It interferes with too many other things.

• exberry
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Thanks, Dr Mike,

Interesting. I have never used Front Page. Looking at my WP files on my host server, I see none with vti in their names. These vti messages were not present before I uploaded several plugin files, all of which came from the WPMU BuddyPress plugins, which I am sure did not include front page files.

The only theme I am using other than the defaults is Scholar, and Scholar does not appear to be involved in this.

These same error lines also appear in my admin part of wp.

Is it possible that my host server might be doing this?

Thanks,

Ed

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

I swear I've seen this before, but can't for the life of me think of where...

Ed, I just visited your site and I'm not seeing the code. It's possible this is only showing up for logged in users.

Take a look at the server's error logs and see if anything's getting reported there. Let us know. Maybe something there will help jog my memory.

Thanks!

• exberry

The following tests revealed the files causing the error messages.

Renaming mu-plugins folder removed all error messages

Changing mu-plugins back to original then renaming the following three files removed the errors:

automessage.php
    google-analytics.php
    signup-code.php

Therefore, something in these three files is causing the error messages.

In addition, membership.php caused an error but I removed it before starting this post.

Why would these files should cause these errors?

Ed

• exberry

Here are the files I installed in mu-plugins that do NOT cause errors:

anti-splog
    domain-mapping
    global-footer-content
    mass-mailer
    multi-domain
    subscribe-by-email
    user-activity
    widget-recent-global-comments
    widget-recent-global-posts

So what is different about the files that causes the errors?

If you wish to check my site with the errors showing, I can easily set the problem files back to their original names.

Ed

• exberry

And when I install membership.php in mu-plugins, I get the following:

Warning: require_once(membershipincludes/includes/membership-config.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home3/edberryc/public_html/wp-content/mu-plugins/membership.php on line 29

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'membershipincludes/includes/membership-config.php' (include_path='.:disappointed:usr/lib64/php:disappointed:usr/lib/php') in /home3/edberryc/public_html/wp-content/mu-plugins/membership.php on line 29

This is presently on my site and I will leave it there for a few minutes.

Ed

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.