Create a community with BuddyPress on one Site of my MultiSites

So I have a MultiSite where my clients are supposed to set up a BuddyPress-Network. But when they hit the register-button, they are beeing send to my main-site - but not the clients site.

Is that not possible or am I doing something wrong?

• dscostu
    • Flash Drive

I had the same issue. I ended up using the buddypress multisite plugin found here http://buddydev.com/plugins/buddypress-multi-network/

I have a post about it. Feel free to read:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/just-another-plugin-idea#post-262881

...sit back and read the long somewhat confusing above post...I was having problems understanding some basic buddypress defaults.

FYI: I did find that even with the above plugin you will still find that any user on your site can easily login to any other site on your network...this shouldn't be an issue if you keep your sites private by not announcing or display them on your main network site to your users. Basically one user will not know of another site on your network if you don't tell them. But this, I am sure, can still create some issues with privacy.

• Dreitausend
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Yes, I want multiple BuddyPress-Sites on my Network. But as DSCOSTU says it sounds like that is not really working good with the privacy? Is that right? The thing with "not telling other the domain" is not working :wink:
    I haven't read your article about that issue yet, I will later when I'm home :slight_smile: Thanks!

• dscostu
    • Flash Drive

The plugin that I mentioned does allow for multiple buddypress sites. Someone can register at one of your sub-site buddypress sites. However, with my tests, I found that I also could log into my other buddypress sub-sites as well as my main buddypress site. I could make the sites all membership sites or use the code plugin but that will not work beacuse I don't want my sub-site admin to have to be tied down like that with membership setups and settings... and the such.

I would love to be able to create multiple networks that do not allow users to sign in on each other site. I want them to be completely separate sites....I don't think that this is possible without hiring a programmer...which I am not able to do as a very poooooor man....lol You may find that the mentioned plugin does what you want....I would suggest testing it out with mock user though...just to make sure.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Dreitausend,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention and at this time I will refrain from commenting since it clearly appears that you are working through it.

Please advise to your current status once you have read the article above as you had mentioned you are going to do.

Cheers, Joe

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there, just checking in to see how your going?

BuddyPress isn't designed to allow each site to have it's own BuddyPress install. Even when enabling it to function on all sites, all the data is shared amongst all sites, none are unique.

We haven't heard from you in a while, if you still need support then please feel free to reopen this thread or create a new one.

Take care,
    Tim.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.