Create a ecard Site using mpmudev plugins

I created an ecard site (http://unlimitedlovegreetingcards.com). However, I want to charge the use 99cents for sending an ecard. The ecard plugin uses wordpress mail function (if that helps).

I have uploaded the cards utilizing WordPress 3.3 editor. Then I individually checked assigned each image to the attachment page. I placed the [ecard] shortcode in the “image description” box.

How can I use wpmudev plugins to accomplish my objectives:

Have the user pay 99cents per email. The ecard plugin developer suggested I use the membership plugin. If that is accurate, how do I force payment before the user sends the email.

I was thinking that I should modify (don’t know how) the send function on the WordPress mail system.

I am a beginner. Could someone help?

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

You will need to ensure you have a level set up in Pro Sites > Levels. You only need to provide one price.

Sorry, I forgot originally to mention that you also need to enable the Post/Page Quotas module as well. This will add a block to the settings page where you can specify how many posts a level can post.

Thanks

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya denisgray,

I’m not familiar with the ecard plugin you’re using. You mention that it uses the wp_mail() function, but how do folks access it?

Using Phil’s method above would allow you to limit the # of posts created (Check Pro Sites>Settings and scroll down to Post/Page Quotas) but that is assuming you want to limit the ability to create a post_type.

If you’ll give us a bit more detail on how the order process should work, we can probably better advise you on which solution will work best.

Thanks!

• denisgray
    • New Recruit

Thanks Mason for getting back to me. Happy New Year to you and to my new best friends at WPMU.

Honestly,

I dont care how we get this thing to work. LOL

Phil’s suggestions were great, except I did not see where I can control or limit the user to just one card sent. In prosites, I had to do monthly, not per transaction.

I am no programmer. What do you suggest? If you will, please outline the steps or protocol I should follow to accomplish my end.

If you have an alternative to the ecard plugin I am all ears.

The url is unlimitedlovegreetingcards.com

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Denis,

Our best to you for a great new year as well :slight_smile:

Phil’s suggestions were great, except I did not see where I can control or limit the user to just one card sent. In prosites, I had to do monthly, not per transaction.

That’s the reason I wanted a bit more information on how the ecard process works (I’m not familiar with it). Using Phil’s suggestion you could limit the # of posts a person can create – but it only allows for regular subscription payments – not per transaction. So, I don’t think that’s gonna be the best solution in your case.

So, when someone decides to purchase/send an ecard on your site, tell us the process. Are they creating a new post? Are they selecting a post and then sending it as an email? We need to know what the process is in order to determine how payment is applied.

• denisgray
    • New Recruit

Thanks Mason for really trying to help me out here.

To answer your question, when someone decides to purchase/send an ecard, they are selecting a post and then sending it as an email.

You can see the site at http://unlimitedlovegreetingcards.com. If you want I can send you the admin info or a copy of the ecard plugin. I am thinking that some “hacking” needs to be done on the ecard plugin which will cause the “submit” button to go to the payment gateway first. Then when payment is approved, it will then send the ecard.

I am no programmer, so I am open to suggestions.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Denis,

Thanks for the additional information – that really helps :slight_smile:

I do think the best solution here is to modify the ecard plugin. Attaching a payment step to the submit button would be doable. You could even checkout the payment gateways in MarketPress as a starting point.

Honestly, it’s gonna require a bit of work beyond the scope of what we can support in the forums. You could post something up on our job boards:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

It shouldn’t be too much hassle for a developer to put it together for you. Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.