Create a private Wiki with advanced permissions

Hi,
yesterday I bought both the Wiki plugin and the membership plugin.

I'm playing around with them and they are great. However, I don't understand how can I reach my goal ( create a private Wiki for my company ). I checked the manuals, but probably what I need is more "unusual". Can you help me?

I need to:
1. give access to specific parts of the wiki to specific users ( I can do it with the URL group - but is there a more efficient way? )
2. since I have many employees, can I create multiple membership levels and combine them as I go ( so, for example, if I create memberships A, B and C, each with the ability to access different parts of the wiki, I can have a user access only A and C while another can access only B and C )
3. how can I give writing permissions to my users, so they can edit wikis and create new ones?

Thanks
Enrico

• aecnu

Greetings Enrico,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Thank you for the great questions and indicated happiness with the plugins - it is good to hear and appreciated.

1. give access to specific parts of the wiki to specific users ( I can do it with the URL group - but is there a more efficient way? )

This is indeed the most efficient way to protect certain URL from level to level.

Otherewise you will need to wrap them with level tags i.e. [level1] Protected Content [/level1] etc.

The levels are NOT hierarchic.

2. since I have many employees, can I create multiple membership levels and combine them as I go ( so, for example, if I create memberships A, B and C, each with the ability to access different parts of the wiki, I can have a user access only A and C while another can access only B and C )

This will work using URL groups applicable to each specific level. As mentioned above the levels are NOT hierarchic.

3. how can I give writing permissions to my users, so they can edit wikis and create new ones?

User Role Editor plugin ~or~ Role Scoper plugin setting writing privileges to applicable roles and then attaching applicable levels to those roles in the levels under the advanced section.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member and have a GREAT upcoming weekend!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.