Create an Elegant Theme like PopUp issue

Hello!

I'm trying to create a PopUp using this tutorial. But when I select "Elegant" in Apperance box, the popup doesn't appear never and when I select any other, it shows correctly.

This is a single site, and the display options are for approximate URLs.

Thanks a lot for the help!

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Jorge,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

Please make sure you have added all the styles for pop up Elegant style as described on that tutorial page.

Would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some testing? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings as described on the following page and reply on this thread after granting it?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Jorge,

Thank you for granting us support staff access.

I can see you have created several pop ups but only one of them is currently active having wrong conditions. It is using "Not on specific URL" and "On approximate URL" pop up conditions which are conflicting with each other and have not configured properly therefore currently no pop up is not displaying on your site.

Could you please configure at least one pop up properly and display it somewhere on your site so that i can troubleshoot the issue?

Alternatively would you mind if i create a test pop up and display it somewhere on your site for logged in users only to troubleshoot the issue.

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Jorge Castro
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hello Vinod!

The popup "Encuesta de salida" is working now in several pages, for example: http://www.clnconsultoria.com/curso-en-linea/mejora-tus-ingresos-cerrando-mas-ventas/

But if I select "Elegant" appearance, it doesn't displays.

Also the left side shortcode isn't displaying correctly, although I've the load of the popup in the footer.

Ps. Please be careful with the site, because is live right now.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Jorge,

As you are using child theme, you should use the functions get_stylesheet_directory_uri & get_stylesheet_directory instead of get_template_directory_uri & get_template_directory respectively in the code that you have added in the functions.php file of your child theme as shown below.

<?php
    function my_custom_popup_styles( $list ) {
    	$list[] = (object) array(
    		'url' => get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . '/popup-custom-styles-master/elegant/',
    		'dir' => get_stylesheet_directory() . '/popup-custom-styles-master/elegant/',
    		'name' => 'Elegant',
    	);

return $list;
    }
    add_filter( 'popup-styles', 'my_custom_popup_styles' );
    ?>

I can see after adding the above code the pop is working fine even if i use Elegant pop up style but the Elegant pop up style is conflicting with the inline stylesheet you have added in the pop up content.

To resolve this stylesheet conflict try adding the following CSS code in the style.css file of your child theme.

.wdpu-msg-inner.resize {
    overflow: hidden;
    }
    .wdpu-inner {
    margin-left: 30px;
    }

I can see the left side course shortcode in the pop up is displaying fine as shown in the attached screenshot.

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Jorge Castro

Hey Vinod!

That's great! It is working. Although, I've decided not to use the Elegant Theme in that page, I will use it in my homepage and come back to you if I found any issues.

Now my problem is that although the contact form 7 shortcode is loading correctly, the other shortcode I have on the PopUp isn't, and I'm using footer load for the pop up.

• Jorge Castro

Hi!

I'm using a shortcode to display course information. I'm using a theme called WPLMS that you can find in theme forest. The shortcode I believe is being pulled in from the plugin Vibe-shortcodes, but this one works good on blog pages....

Thanks for the help!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.