create link not working in wysiwyg

Hi

The create hyperlink icon in the editor is not working, everything else seems fine?

http://www.healthhosts.com/questions/ask/

any ideas???

• Imperative Ideas

Every time I've seen this behavior it was because of a plugin (or theme) that had enqueued a second version of jQuery UI into the admin area.

This is easiest in Chrome.

Right click the page and say "inspect element". On the far-right tab, click on "console"

Copy & Paste the result here.

You can also get the console through Firebug (far left) or if you are on Win8, it's finally built into the latest IE as well. Any way you slice it, that window will likely pinpoint the source of the problem.

• simplyd

/*! jQuery UI - v1.9.2 - 2012-11-23
    * http://jqueryui.com
    * Includes: jquery.ui.position.js
    * Copyright 2012 jQuery Foundation and other contributors; Licensed MIT */

(function(e,t){function h(e,t,n){return[parseInt(e[0],10)*(l.test(e[0])?t/100:1),parseInt(e[1],10)*(l.test(e[1])?n/100:1)]}function p(t,n){return parseInt(e.css(t,n),10)||0}e.ui=e.ui||{};var n,r=Math.max,i=Math.abs,s=Math.round,o=/left|center|right/,u=/top|center|bottom/,a=/[\+\-]\d+%?/,f=/^\w+/,l=/%$/,c=e.fn.position;e.position={scrollbarWidth:function(){if(n!==t)return n;var r,i,s=e("<div style='display:block;width:50px;height:50px;overflow:hidden;'><div style='height:100px;width:auto;'></div></div>"),o=s.children()[0];return e("body").append(s),r=o.offsetWidth,s.css("overflow","scroll"),i=o.offsetWidth,r===i&&(i=s[0].clientWidth),s.remove(),n=r-i},getScrollInfo:function(t){var n=t.isWindow?"":t.element.css("overflow-x"),r=t.isWindow?"":t.element.css("overflow-y"),i=n==="scroll"||n==="auto"&&t.width<t.element[0].scrollWidth,s=r==="scroll"||r==="auto"&&t.height<t.element[0].scrollHeight;return{width:i?e.position.scrollbarWidth():0,height:s?e.position.scrollbarWidth():0}},getWithinInfo:function(t){var n=e(t||window),r=e.isWindow(n[0]);return{element:n,isWindow:r,offset:n.offset()||{left:0,top:0},scrollLeft:n.scrollLeft(),scrollTop:n.scrollTop(),width:r?n.width():n.outerWidth(),height:r?n.height():n.outerHeight()}}},e.fn.position=function(t){if(!t||!t.of)return c.apply(this,arguments);t=e.extend({},t);var n,l,d,v,m,g=e(t.of),y=e.position.getWithinInfo(t.within),b=e.position.getScrollInfo(y),w=g[0],E=(t.collision||"flip").split(" "),S={};return w.nodeType===9?(l=g.width(),d=g.height(),v={top:0,left:0}):e.isWindow(w)?(l=g.width(),d=g.height(),v={top:g.scrollTop(),left:g.scrollLeft()}):w.preventDefault?(t.at="left top",l=d=0,v={top:w.pageY,left:w.pageX}):slight_frown:l=g.outerWidth(),d=g.outerHeight(),v=g.offset()),m=e.extend({},v),e.each(["my","at"],function(){var e=(t[this]||"").split(" "),n,r;e.length===1&&(e=o.test(e[0])?e.concat(["center"]):u.test(e[0])?["center"].concat(e):["center","center"]),e[0]=o.test(e[0])?e[0]:"center",e[1]=u.test(e[1])?e[1]:"center",n=a.exec(e[0]),r=a.exec(e[1]),S[this]=[n?n[0]:0,r?r[0]:0],t[this]=[f.exec(e[0])[0],f.exec(e[1])[0]]}),E.length===1&&(E[1]=E[0]),t.at[0]==="right"?m.left+=l:t.at[0]==="center"&&(m.left+=l/2),t.at[1]==="bottom"?m.top+=d:t.at[1]==="center"&&(m.top+=d/2),n=h(S.at,l,d),m.left+=n[0],m.top+=n[1],this.each(function(){var o,u,a=e(this),f=a.outerWidth(),c=a.outerHeight(),w=p(this,"marginLeft"),x=p(this,"marginTop"),T=f+w+p(this,"marginRight")+b.width,N=c+x+p(this,"marginBottom")+b.height,C=e.extend({},m),k=h(S.my,a.outerWidth(),a.outerHeight());t.my[0]==="right"?C.left-=f:t.my[0]==="center"&&(C.left-=f/2),t.my[1]==="bottom"?C.top-=c:t.my[1]==="center"&&(C.top-=c/2),C.left+=k[0],C.top+=k[1],e.support.offsetFractions||(C.left=s(C.left),C.top=s(C.top)),o={marginLeft:w,marginTop:x},e.each(["left","top"],function(r,i){e.ui.position[E[r]]&&e.ui.position[E[r]][i](C,{targetWidth:l,targetHeight:d,elemWidth:f,elemHeight:c,collisionPosition:o,collisionWidth:T,collisionHeight:N,offset:[n[0]+k[0],n[1]+k[1]],my:t.my,at:t.at,within:y,elem:a})}),e.fn.bgiframe&&a.bgiframe(),t.using&&(u=function(e){var n=v.left-C.left,s=n+l-f,o=v.top-C.top,u=o+d-c,h={target:{element:g,left:v.left,top:v.top,width:l,height:d},element:{element:a,left:C.left,top:C.top,width:f,height:c},horizontal:s<0?"left":n>0?"right":"center",vertical:u<0?"top":o>0?"bottom":"middle"};l<f&&i(n+s)<l&&(h.horizontal="center"),d<c&&i(o+u)<d&&(h.vertical="middle"),r(i(n),i(s))>r(i(o),i(u))?h.important="horizontal":h.important="vertical",t.using.call(this,e,h)}),a.offset(e.extend(C,{using:u}))})},e.ui.position={fit:{left:function(e,t){var n=t.within,i=n.isWindow?n.scrollLeft:n.offset.left,s=n.width,o=e.left-t.collisionPosition.marginLeft,u=i-o,a=o+t.collisionWidth-s-i,f;t.collisionWidth>s?u>0&&a<=0?(f=e.left+u+t.collisionWidth-s-i,e.left+=u-f):a>0&&u<=0?e.left=i:u>a?e.left=i+s-t.collisionWidth:e.left=i:u>0?e.left+=u:a>0?e.left-=a:e.left=r(e.left-o,e.left)},top:function(e,t){var n=t.within,i=n.isWindow?n.scrollTop:n.offset.top,s=t.within.height,o=e.top-t.collisionPosition.marginTop,u=i-o,a=o+t.collisionHeight-s-i,f;t.collisionHeight>s?u>0&&a<=0?(f=e.top+u+t.collisionHeight-s-i,e.top+=u-f):a>0&&u<=0?e.top=i:u>a?e.top=i+s-t.collisionHeight:e.top=i:u>0?e.top+=u:a>0?e.top-=a:e.top=r(e.top-o,e.top)}},flip:{left:function(e,t){var n=t.within,r=n.offset.left+n.scrollLeft,s=n.width,o=n.isWindow?n.scrollLeft:n.offset.left,u=e.left-t.collisionPosition.marginLeft,a=u-o,f=u+t.collisionWidth-s-o,l=t.my[0]==="left"?-t.elemWidth:t.my[0]==="right"?t.elemWidth:0,c=t.at[0]==="left"?t.targetWidth:t.at[0]==="right"?-t.targetWidth:0,h=-2*t.offset[0],p,d;if(a<0){p=e.left+l+c+h+t.collisionWidth-s-r;if(p<0||p<i(a))e.left+=l+c+h}else if(f>0){d=e.left-t.collisionPosition.marginLeft+l+c+h-o;if(d>0||i(d)<f)e.left+=l+c+h}},top:function(e,t){var n=t.within,r=n.offset.top+n.scrollTop,s=n.height,o=n.isWindow?n.scrollTop:n.offset.top,u=e.top-t.collisionPosition.marginTop,a=u-o,f=u+t.collisionHeight-s-o,l=t.my[1]==="top",c=l?-t.elemHeight:t.my[1]==="bottom"?t.elemHeight:0,h=t.at[1]==="top"?t.targetHeight:t.at[1]==="bottom"?-t.targetHeight:0,p=-2*t.offset[1],d,v;a<0?(v=e.top+c+h+p+t.collisionHeight-s-r,e.top+c+h+p>a&&(v<0||v<i(a))&&(e.top+=c+h+p)):f>0&&(d=e.top-t.collisionPosition.marginTop+c+h+p-o,e.top+c+h+p>f&&(d>0||i(d)<f)&&(e.top+=c+h+p))}},flipfit:{left:function(){e.ui.position.flip.left.apply(this,arguments),e.ui.position.fit.left.apply(this,arguments)},top:function(){e.ui.position.flip.top.apply(this,arguments),e.ui.position.fit.top.apply(this,arguments)}}},function(){var t,n,r,i,s,o=document.getElementsByTagName("body")[0],u=document.createElement("div");t=document.createElement(o?"div":"body"),r={visibility:"hidden",width:0,height:0,border:0,margin:0,background:"none"},o&&e.extend(r,{position:"absolute",left:"-1000px",top:"-1000px"});for(s in r)t.style[s]=r[s];t.appendChild(u),n=o||document.documentElement,n.insertBefore(t,n.firstChild),u.style.cssText="position: absolute; left: 10.7432222px;",i=e(u).offset().left,e.support.offsetFractions=i>10&&i<11,t.innerHTML="",n.removeChild(t)}(),e.uiBackCompat!==!1&&function(e){var n=e.fn.position;e.fn.position=function(r){if(!r||!r.offset)return n.call(this,r);var i=r.offset.split(" "),s=r.at.split(" ");return i.length===1&&(i[1]=i[0]),/^\d/.test(i[0])&&(i[0]="+"+i[0]),/^\d/.test(i[1])&&(i[1]="+"+i[1]),s.length===1&&(/left|center|right/.test(s[0])?s[1]="center":slight_frown:s[1]=s[0],s[0]="center")),n.call(this,e.extend(r,{at:s[0]+i[0]+" "+s[1]+i[1],offset:t}))}}(jQuery)})(jQuery);

• aristath

I know this may sound like a lot of work, but it's the best way we have to locate the issue and fix it. :slight_smile:

With the twentytwelve theme enabled, please deactivate all other plugins except Q&A.

It should work now...
    Start activating your plugins one-by-one, until you find the one that causes this issue. Once you do, please tell us which plugin it is so that we may help you deal with this issue.

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.