Create multisite with multi-domain

I just create my wordpress multisite but I dont know how too add other domain site. Now i have only one website (exemple : exemple.com). I want to add a other site with a other domain ( exemple: exemple2.com) I dont understand how to make it. Can you help me? Thanks

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Imago Communication,

It looks like you need Domain Mapping plugin. This plugin allows you to map domain to existing subsite. So you can create subsite subsite.exemple.com and with domain mapping map domain exemple2.com to this subsite.
    This way you will be able to add many domains to your subsite.
    Plugin page https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/domain-mapping/ and here is instruction on how to use it https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/domain-mapping/#product-usage

kind regards,
    Kasia

• C HÔTELS
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

HI,
    I Advance my problem , I created two website ( exemple.com and site2.exemple.com)

Now i have buy 2 domains name on Godaddy. exemple.com and exemple2.com

I want to associate the site2.exemple.com to exemple2.com ( The URL had to be exemple2.com).

Thanks to help me.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi @multimedia3

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Please do make sure that you have done all the necessary settings in advance before using the domain mapping plugin, you can find more details about it here and also here.

When i want to add new site they have a error message : missing or invalid site address.

This has most likely to be a typo in the name of the subdomain you added, please make sure the site address you entered is just the subdomain name, no dots or .com to it.

I want to associate the site2.exemple.com to exemple2.com ( The URL had to be exemple2.com).

Please follow this easy tutorial to help you map the domains as desired. https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/offer-your-multisite-users-unique-domains-with-domain-mapping/

I hope this helps. Let us know if you need any further help. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• C HÔTELS
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi,

I was installed WordPress MU Mapping Domain and make all things for the instalation but they always tell me this error Please edit your /home/******/public_html/wp-config.php and move the line define( 'SUNRISE', 'on' ); above the last require_once() in that file or make sure you updated sunrise.php.

I make the update 3 time and the errors stay... why?

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi @multimedia3

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Both the plugins works by adding the "define( 'SUNRISE', 'on' );" in wp-config.php file, you might have put it to far down which made the error to appear. You can pop that right under the WP_DEBUG option, please make sure that only one plugin is activated at a time to avoid conflict.

Resolved. I just not use domain mapping. I creat alias on the Cpanel of my domain and creat the website in my Wordpress multisite and work well. It is normal?

These plugins are more of just an user interface, you can make it work without plugins by editing the wp-config.php file, I'm not sure whether it will work out of the box without editing the wp-config.php file. Would recommend you to use a plugin as it has an easy interface and includes sunrise.php file which lets WordPress keep track of the mapped domains.

If you are interested more on the WordPress MU Domain Mapping plugin you might find this tutorial to be helpful.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.