Create one site, batch create based on that

Hello,

I want to create one "master" site on my network, including theme, plugins, widgets, and some placeholder content.

Once that site is completed, I then want to batch create about a hundred sites replicating the master site. I will have an Excel sheet for that.

There are few WPMU plugins that seem to be part of the solution of what I'm trying to do.

What is the recommended plugin or combination of plugins to accomplish this? For example:

Blog & User Creator
New Blog Templates
Batch Create
Multisite Content Copier
Default Theme

Thank you for your help.

- Peter

• Michelle Shull

Hey, Peter!

New Blog Templates would be my first choice, but that won't allow you to batch create sites. Batch Create will only allow you to create the sites and an admin, you can't import content, themes, widgets, or plugins. Multisite Content Copier may be your best bet here after you batch create your sites, import the copied content to each one. Multisite Content Copier won't copy plugins or themes, however, and I don't think it will reproduce a site's widgets - it will only import the content itself. (Pages, posts, media, etc.)
    Cloner would also work, but it would be a one-site-at-a-time solution. You could batch create sites, than import the clone of your master site to your subsites.

Hope this helps your plan!

• Lydia

Michelle, would you mind clarifying? I have a similar situation as Peter. So far as I can tell, what he asked for could be accomplished by setting up a new default template with Blog Templates and making sure to tick all the boxes under "What To Copy To New Blog?" to copy plugins, settings, pages, posts, menus, etc. to the child blogs. Then running Batch Create which can both create new users and create new blogs. Since I'm needing to go through this process too, I would appreciate if you could point out any newbie errors that I am committing.

• Michelle Shull

Hi, Lydia!

New Blog Templates is more of a front end tool, for users who are registering a new site to choose the template they want.

Cloner https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/cloner/ will let you clone the content of any of the sites in your network and import it to a new site, or overwrite an existing site, all from your network admin dashboard.

If you batch create your sites, you could then go through and clone your "base" site into each of your newly created subsites, and you'd be all set. This is probably the fastest way to create 100s of identical sites.

Hope this helps!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.