create post by facebook update

So, Installed the plugin and noticed that facebook doesn't allow it to connect to "Facebook Page" account...must have a "Personal Account" to setup facebook app. Then, I created a personal account and linked it to manage the business Facebook Page. I created a post...showed up on the personal account wall and but not on the Page wall? The description states "Autopost to wall, page, event or notes" ...I would really like to autopost to notes on the facebook page so that I can include html! - Is this possible?

Also, I'm looking to functionality the other way - create post from facebook status updates/notes/events, etc. - Is this possible and within the scope of the ultimate facebook plugin?

Thanks,

Mohsin

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi there, Mohsin! Hope you're well today.

You do need a personal account to create an application in Facebook, but you should still be able to post your WP to a Facebook page. I'd love to take a look at your settings and see if there's something simple we can fix to get this working for you. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings from the following path and reply on this thread after granting it?

Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access Tab

If you have not installed WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin yet, kindly do that here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/ and then allow access as per the above process.

Thanks!

• Mohsin
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

sorry, can't share access at this time. I've gone through the setting again...it's showing up on the personal wall and on the page when i'm logged in, but if I check as another user on fb or login to fb as the business page account, I can't see it? do you think the issue is with fb settings?

also, any thoughts on the reverse functionality?

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hey there, Mohsin!

I need you to check two things for me:
    1. Have you granted extended permissions for your app? (Under the Permissions and Tokens tab)
    2. Have you clicked the box that prevents access to your linked accounts? If so, untick that box so that all the pages/accounts your personal account is linked to will be available.

As of right now, this plugin is not integrated with Twitter, it just handles WP <->Facebook integration. You might have some luck working with a dev on extending the functionality of Ultimate Facebook, however. We've got a Jobs Board that can help here.

Thanks for your question!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.