Create Private Courses Hidden from Public?

Is it possible to have a course that is available, but not publicly listed on the site? - i.e. you can provide students with access to it, but not display it as being available to enroll in? I am also wanting to have courses that are publicly available for students to enroll in as well.

Currently I have these courses set to free and available for anyone with the access code, however I do not want them to display to the public, so I would like to be able to email out an invitation to certain people to be able to join - how can you give students access and have a course not set to active/published?

I just tested giving myself access to an unpublished course through the email invitation, but the links in the email don't work.

Thank-you.

• Majid
    • Syntax Hero

Hello Sonya !

I hope you are having a nice day :slight_smile:

Doing that using CoursePress won't be possible to achieve actually, unless combined with Membership 2 Pro & an addon called Individual Custom Posts

This way, you will protect your courses one by one, and only users with the membership can access and see it's content. It won't even appear within the courses list.

Let me know if this sounds like a good solution of what you are trying to achieve, and if you have any further questions, please let us know. we will be happy to help :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Majid

• Sonya
    • Flash Drive

Hi Majid,

Thank-you very much for your help.

I would like to try the setup you mentioned with Membership 2 Pro and Individual Custom Posts - I had a quick look previously at the Membership 2 Pro, but couldn't work out how to set it up properly - are you able to give me some instructions on how to set this up to achieve what I'm try to accomplish?

Is there anywhere I can find how to instructions for all your plugins other than searching through the support forum?

Thank-you so much for your help.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.