Create Site Not Working – Front end

Hi there,

I have a multisite running since before version 3.5 and since a few days the create site button on the front end of my site is not there anymore and also when using the direct URL doesn’t work, redirects to main site homepage.

I already checked my network settings and I have “Both sites and user accounts can be registered. ” enabled. Also tried with the default htaccess for subdomain network.

Maybe some advice or direction of solving this, before going through the disable all plugins and use default theme situation. I’m running a live network and I would like to avoid any disturbance for users on the network.

Cheers,

Ronald

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey @dutchmen,

Hope you’re doing well today :slight_smile:

I see that one of your registered sites has support access enabled, is that the site in question here?

If not, please let me know what is the site in question and which page I should look at and where the button was located, also allowing support access should help debug this faster, I will not disable plugins or themes without your permission.

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Were there any changes on your site when this started to happen, plugin/theme/WP update?

Best regards,

Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Ronald,

Thanks for granting access.

We are talking about your /pro-site/ page, is that correct?

I see that you have few security and optimization plugins on your site, so could you try clearing cache and disabling those plugin so we can see if any of those are affecting your site, this shouldn’t affect your user experience.

Here is what I suggest temporary deactivating:

– Better WordPress Minify

– Captcha by BestWebSoft

– Login Redirect

– Speed Booster Pack

– WP-Optimize

Let us know of the results.

Best regards,

Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey @dutchmen,

I hope you don't mind if I join this conversation :slight_smile:

I took a liberty of accessing your site and checking its settings. The reason why your standard WordPress MultiSite "add site" form isn't working is because of your "Pro Sites" settings. Take a look at the screenshot that I've attached for you please.

The "Signup on Checkout" option is enabled, resulting in disabling WP default form. At the same time the "Allow free signup" option is disabled so the "Free level" (meaning basic, standard WP site creation) isn't available on "/pro-sites" page.

To bring back the standard WP Multisite form on /create page simply disable the "Singup on Checkout" option. However, if you wish to keep the full via Pro Sites plugin you may want to keep it enabled and instead enable "Allow free signup" option which will allow users to create basic WP site from Pro Sites checkout page. You'll then want to update your "create" links to point to Pro Sites checkout page.

That being said, there are two ways to solve this issue. Please go the way that suits you better and let me know if it helped!

Also, a new version of Pro Sites has just been released so could you please update your plugin?

Kind regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.