create user-specific private areas : A+ & Membership

(background: this is for a site to allow institutional clients to book artists for specific client events. example : Client X needs a singer and a piano player for an event on Sept 10 at 9am)

I'm using A+, Membership and need to create Client and Service Provider (Artists) private areas:

> Client should have his own (Front end) dashboard / page :
- Profile Page or post for Bio and personal info
- ability to book one or multiple Artists for same or different date/time slots
- see future and past bookings,
- see basic billing information (amounts paid / owed),

> Artist should have his own page / area :
- Profile Page or post for Bio and personal info
- calendar to enter his availability for the next X weeks or months
- standard rate / multiple rates (ideally)
- view of unconfirmed appointments and ability to confirm
- list of past and future appointments
- basic billing : which client paid what, when.

is this something that can be done with WPMU plugins? any idea how?

thanks !!!

Dan (on behalf of Stephanie)

• Elliott Bristow
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi Dan,

This is a tricky one to answer. Technically the answer is YES it's possible... but the problem is it's not a default feature of the plugin, so it would require custom coding.

Although custom coding is outside the scope of our standard support service, all our paying members do gain access to our Job Board at https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs, where you can employ the services of an experienced developer who is familiar with our products on a freelance basis.

• Stephanie
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

can you give me some additional pointers ?

any (developer) idea on how to filter content per user ? do I need to write a custom shortcode, or how can I filter the results of a shortcode ?

Basically trying to not reinvent the wheel here...

On a side note, this is much needed functionality (just do a quick search on google : no booking plug in does this!)... hint hint!

:slight_smile:

Dan

• Elliott Bristow
    • The Bug Hunter

I think the way to achieve this would be to create a custom page template in your theme that grabs all the necessary information from the database depending on which user is logged in, with a default display for when non-logged-in users try to access the page.

I believe there are functions in the appointments+ plugin that you can use on a custom page template like this... but I'd need to defer to the developer to tell you which functions to use. I'll tag him to take a look at this thread so he can hopefully give us a little guidance.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

With the "Biography post type" add-on, you can set up the front-page editing of your Artist/Client biographies using a combination of custom post type of your choosing and one of the front-end editing plugins that allows you posting a new post type. A lot of other functionality you require you can also get going with the shortcodes (e.g. future and past bookings, view of unconfirmed appointments, which client paid what) and judicious use of attributes.

However, some of the functionality needed for the actual profile pages editing - most notably, for your Artists (e.g. setting their availability and rates), is currently only available on the backend. The plugin exposes the $appointments global, which is the object containing methods needed to expose this kind of functionality to other places as well but, it's not exactly an easy or trivial task.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.