create vacation rental site

hi

i just signed up and was wondering if you could point me in the right direction, I will describe what I want to do and indicate the (plugin I want to use to create this)

I am looking to setup a vacation rental site

The owner signs up (membership plugin) for free
he can then purchase an ad for a yearly subscription (paypal and membership) and is thus allowed to create an ad, this standard ad can be created by admin through custom post types (custompress)

I also need to have a front end advanced search which can search custom post types

as an additional plus I need to have a wiki per destination city
which can be edited by anyone on simple email registration, however all changes are moderated

which plugins should I use?

thanks

DavidM

Hello and welcome to WPMU DEV!

It would seem that the Membership plugin definitely has you covered on a number of items.

For a custom post search as well as other useful custom post plugins you can check out the following thread.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/custom-post-type-plugins

I'm not sure if you already knew about it but we have a Wiki plugin as well at the following.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wordpress-wiki

And I would think you could simply setup the top-level wikis as separate cities. Since the wikis use custom post types, they'll be just as searchable as the custom post types made with CustomPress. Should be one seamless user experience.

Hope that helps! Please let me know if I missed anything.

Cheers,
    David

gideonsmolders

HI

thanks
    I think I have figured out how to setup the wikis, that was easy and painless

I am now trying to setup a custom post type for a rental apartment
    I created a custom type called rentals
    I then created a taxonomy called features (this kinda works like tags, which is cool)
    I then created a custom field called Name of Rental

I then went to add new rental and created a new post. but when i click on view
    it cannot find the post: post not found!

besides that
    I am having a bit of trouble figuring out how I can control that only a registered and paid user can fill out the new rental post. Do I need to create a custom form in order to fill the post or how do I set permissions and restrictions?

I guess I also have to create a custom template to layout the rental post so it will look nice to the outside world, any ideas or guidelines on how to do that?

thanks

gideonsmolders

thanks for your thoughts.
    I am having a bit of trouble though with classifieds

I posted another post on this tpoic here https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/setup-of-calssifieds
    this is copy of the post for easy reference:

Could you tell me which of the following scenarios is currently possible with the existing plugins, the ones I suggest or other plugins if necessary, or which one would be the most logical path given the current state of the plugin development and its future functions

(1) what if I combine classifieds with membership?
    Using membership: I create a paid subscription where the subscriber would be allowed to create 1 ad using classifieds (the subscriber can then buy an upgrade - using membership or upgrades later on to buy more classified-ads)

(2) using classifieds only
    subscriber can create one ad against payment but I create a coupon which gives a discount, how would I integrate a coupon, eg 50%OFF, (the subscriber can then buy an upgrade - using membership or upgrades later on to buy more classified-ads)

(3) using classifieds
    not happy you get your money back
    subscriber can create one ad against payment but if he closes his account within x days he gets his money back, is this possible?

(4) delayed billing
    subscriber can create one ad against payment but he does not get charged untill xx days after signup

(5) what if I combine custompress with membership?
    Using membership: I create a paid subscription where the subscriber would be allowed to create 1 ad using custompress (the subscriber can then buy an upgrade - using membership or upgrades later on to buy more custompress-ads) Additional question, how would I get the subscriber to add-new through frontend, without access to backend?

lots of options, there are probably a lot more, anybody any ideas or experience

Gideon

DavidM

Hi gideonsmolders,

There really are quite a lot of options there and it really just depends on what all you'd like to accomplish. Personally, I tend to go with Membership myself as it provides for some incredible possibilities given all it's access rules. If the other solutions can't do it, usually Membership can make them!

If you'd like to begin delving into it perhaps we can just help as you go along?

Cheers,
    David