Created new site, assigned new blog template but getting errors when trying to view

I think I've got myself confused. I had this working but then I think I deleted my test site and created a new one, now when I try to view my new site, I am getting these errors in the browser:

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/content/82/8284682/html/shop/wp-content/themes/eStore/includes/functions/additional_functions.php on line 225

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/content/82/8284682/html/shop/wp-content/themes/eStore/includes/functions/additional_functions.php on line 225

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/content/82/8284682/html/shop/wp-content/themes/eStore/includes/functions/additional_functions.php on line 229

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/content/82/8284682/html/shop/wp-content/themes/eStore/includes/functions/additional_functions.php on line 229

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/82/8284682/html/shop/wp-content/themes/eStore/includes/functions/additional_functions.php:225) in /home/content/82/8284682/html/shop/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 934

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi sock2me and first off, welcome to WPMU DEV!

So you had this working previously, correct? Really strange it would yield those particular errors now.

If you create a new template and use that as your default does it yield the same error?

-David

• sock2me
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Yes, that's what I did... I created a new Template, but both the old one and the new one showed up in the drop down when I went to create a new site. Do you want to get in there? I can send you my credentials...

Thanks so much for helping!

• sock2me
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

A little improvement on the last test I did but still getting these weird errors:

You can see here the page

This time I created a new site and did NOT assign it a template from the drop down but left the drop down as is. It did pick up my default template however... as you can see when you click on the link. But it's got a bunch of errors that I'm embarrassed to say, I don't understand....

Additionally I am getting these same errors in the admin screens for this mini site as well - so if I'm logged into the back end these errors sit on top of the pages I view in the Dashboard... not sure if this information helps...

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

The common factor here (in the errors) seems to be "eStore".

Have you tried disabling that and using a default theme, just for testin this issue?

eStore I believe is a Elegant one no?

You might wish to check you are on the latest version of their theme. Also try the theme independently see if the issue still persists without "Default Theme".

Maybe also try "Default Theme" with a different default theme altogether.

Let us know how it goes. :slight_smile:

• sock2me
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Ok.. I basically started from scratch. It just seemed to be the best route. I've got no errors now and everything seems to be working - however (and I don't know if this related, probably not..) but I've got the Default Blog Template plugin running and I've set up a default blog template but new sites aren't grabbing it. I chose the template from the drop down and the new site inherets the theme, but none of the content (pages, posts, etc.). Why would that be do you think?

• sock2me
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Ok, I've got more problems that just that.. Or else I'm just confused.
    I expected the mini-site confirmation email (that will eventually be sent to people to manage their site) to provide access to the mini-site, but its redirecting to the main site.

Live/main blog: http://www.nwogear.com/shop
    (the main site is in a sub-directory - could this be the issue?)

New Mini-site Login link: http://nwogear.com/shop/thisisatest/wp-login.php
    (but when clicked it goes to the http://nwogear.com/shop/wp-login.php page instead of staying in the 'thisisatest' directory....)

And of course it's not picking up any of the content from the Default Template....

ack. what have I done wrong?

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi sock2me,

Could you possibly provide a screenshot of the settings page for the particular template you're currently using?

It'll definitely help to see how the settings are specified for that. You can get to that page by clicking on the specific template's name in your template list.

Thanks,
    David

• sock2me
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I've got the Default Template working now....I started from scratch AGAIN.

I've still got some issues but they're theme related I think. I'm hoping I can get some answers over at Elegant Theme's forum....... Except I have one question - I'm doing the testing, so of course I'm getting the email that says my new site ready. Here's what the email says:

You can log in to the administrator account with the following information:
    Username: affiliatetemplate
    Password: N/A

Why doesn't it come with a password? If I click the link, I can get in.. but if I click it from another browser, I'm prompted to enter credentials. Shouldn't I be getting a password?

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Glad you got that sorted :slight_smile:

I do love Elegant and hardly anything has ever gone wrong our sites and their themes but I've never had much luck in their forums. I've seen end users many with the answer they need and so I'm sure I'm just a minority.

Let us know how you get on with it. :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.