Creating a 'BETA' network.....

Hi,

I would like to offer a 'beta' of my MU install to users that I already know.

My main objective is to make it secure so that blogs/posts will not be lost and when I go live they have a separate account level.

This way I can offer them advertising free blogs 'for life' - i.e. when we go live they will have a different level that allows them to have premium access as a reward.

Its a simple concept but even with your plug ins I am getting confused about implementing it.

Has anyone else done this - if so, how did you implement it?

Or can anyone clear my head of the clutter and simplify it for me again?

Thanks

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

I certainly think we can do this. Which of our plugins are you using to handle this?

If you're using Supporter, and want to offer people a completely free accounts and privileges at this point you have to go and edit that directly in the database. There should be a table called "wp_supporters" with a field for "expire".

As far as keeping things private, you can do this with the settings in WordPress and up the options a bit with our privacy plugin here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/sitewide-privacy-options-for-wordpress-mu

Those are the two things I'm thinking at the moment. If there's more you're looking for here just let us know!

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.