Creating a Music Marketplace With Membership

Hello,

I'm New in The Wordpress World. But I'm loving it and i was wondering if i could get some help from experts

Anyways

I Do Wordpress Installations And Minor Modification To Themes That My Customers Choose.

Right Now I have a Customer that wants a Marketplace to sell music beats that the producers will
upload once they create a membership on our site. There Are Some Features the Customer Specified
that i would like to share with you guys so that way maybe you can guide me what combination of
your products i could use to accomplish this.

-Is a Music Market Place for producers/Dj's.
-It Has to Have 3 different Memberships for the producers/DJ's
-The Users Must be Able to Upload Their Tracks and modify their producer/DJ's profile
-Also it needs a Ratings system for the tracks

How would the best way to accomplish this?

I Hope This is Not To Much To Ask

PS:
Your Site Looks Awesome. I love your products and themes. My choice was instant. Great Work.
Thank you for the service.
-

• aristath

Hello there @pedro_jimenes,
    Most of our plugins will work out of the box with any well-coded theme that follows WordPress standards. Usually some minor styling might be necessary to make the plugins styles similar to those of your theme, but that's just CSS and pretty easy to do. We can help you resolve these issues on these forums.
    I would advise you to start building your project and if you find any difficulties simply create a new thread here and we'll help you out.
    In some cases as Tom mentioned above, some custom PHP work might be necessary. In this case, we have a Jobs Board https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/ that you can use to post a new task and some WordPress developers familiar with our plugins will help you by building a custom plugin or apply the modifications that you need.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• pianoman

As you can probably tell, I am a pianist who plays everything from jazz to rock. I have actually built membership sites and still actively use the plugins mentioned above just not in the music arena.

There is one plugin though that I strongly recommend you look at. It's http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/easy-digital-downloads/

I am not using it in conjunction with Membership presently but am giving some strong consideration to developing a new site that incorporates the two.

• pedro_jimenes

Thank You All For Your Help.

I'm currently setting up the Membership system with the plugin. I like it very much. Is well tough and easy to use.

I had a question about the MarketPlace plugin. I was using woocommerce before but it was a mess when trying to modify the Layout of the featured items on the homepage. i need to make it look like like a chart for all the tracks to show there. What shortcode or what do i need to use this on my homepage.

• pedro_jimenes

It's being hell.

But i got some ideas that i have to implement after studying different stuff about this subject.

1). I Found this plugin "http://wordpress.org/plugins/bainternet-posts-creation-limits/"
    That will let me limit by user role the amount of tracks each subscribed member is able to upload depending on the membership they have.

2). I also learned that for me to be able to link the profile with the producers i need to use the "get_the_author_meta" i got the info from here "http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/get_the_author_meta"

But i was wondering how can i do that since i'm using your Marketpress and The Membership Plugin. I'm using buddypress to handle the Producer profiles.

So let's say that the Producers subscribed to the Silver Membership. I need that the user is able to see that info and all the info regarding his account on their Buddypress profile. How can i add More data to the Buddypress Profile part?

I know How to Edit the buddypress profile to add more fields; but how about if i want to show the membership status, tracks uploaded by the user and such.?

3).

A)So For The Commission System i still have no clue on how to do it. Well actually i do but i don't how to do it. Iv'e talked with some people and they gave me some ideas. Someone said that the easiest way was to let paypal handle it by using their API. But still it has to be coded someone and i have no idea how to deal with the paypal API

B)Someone else told me that i need to create an array with the commission rates. Each user may have a different type if i do it this way so that when i create a profile i can assign a profile type via custom field, then i'll have an array with the different profile types and their commission rates

I Will have to store the amount of the commission on another database or in an accounting db.

Sorry for the delay but iv'e been very busy with this XD.

Please Give me advice about this. Thank you

• aristath

Hello there @pedro_jimenes,
    Let me try to answer your questions one-by-one:

How can i add More data to the Buddypress Profile part?

The most-used plugin for this purpose is this one: http://wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress-xprofile-custom-fields-type/

how about if i want to show the membership status, tracks uploaded by the user and such.?

Well, it depends... What are you using for their "Membership"? The Membership plugin? Pro-Sites? Something else?
    What will "tracks" be? will they be custom post types?
    Could you please give us some more details about the structure of your site?

So For The Commission System i still have no clue on how to do it. Well actually i do but i don't how to do it. Iv'e talked with some people and they gave me some ideas. Someone said that the easiest way was to let paypal handle it by using their API. But still it has to be coded someone and i have no idea how to deal with the paypal API

If you are referring to MarketPress, then you don't have to code anything, or deal with the PayPal API. Simply enable the PayPal Chained Payments gateway.
    Please note that you will have to go to x.com and create a new app there. You can find information about setting that up in the files in this folder: marketpress/marketpress-includes/plugins-gateway/paypal-chained-payments-docs/

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• pedro_jimenes

Well, it depends... What are you using for their "Membership"? The Membership plugin? Pro-Sites? Something else?
    What will "tracks" be? will they be custom post types?
    Could you please give us some more details about the structure of your site?

Yes i'm Using The Membership Plugin. Would Pro-Sites work better for this? Since each user has to have their on page?

The tracks are music tracks that the user will upload.

Thank you For Your Response

• aristath

Once again, I would suggest using Pro-Sites instead.
    With Pro-Sites you can restrict the number of MarketPress products that users can create based on their site's level.
    As for displaying/separating tracks (products) based on the level of the user that has created them, you'd have to write some custom code to achieve that. That is true no matter if you use Membership or Pro-Sites.
    Though I'll have to admit that it will be easier to check the level of a site that contains the products (pro-sites) than the level of the user that has created the products (membership).

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.