Creating a new payment gateway

The page at:
https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce/

claims "It’s a cinch for any developer to create their own Payment Gateway or Shipping plugin by overriding our documented classes", but I've been unable to location the documentation.

• Kimberly

cinticom,

Hi and Welcome to the WMPUdev Community!

The reference in the statement above is the class expressions you can find by opening any of the gateway php files. A developer can build their own using these as guidance.

excerpt from the paypal payments express for example:

class MP_Gateway_Paypal_Express extends MP_Gateway_API {

//private gateway slug. Lowercase alpha (a-z) and dashes (-) only please!
      var $plugin_name = 'paypal-express';

//name of your gateway, for the admin side.
      var $admin_name = '';

//public name of your gateway, for lists and such.
      var $public_name = '';

//url for an image for your checkout method. Displayed on checkout form if set
      var $method_img_url = '';

//url for an submit button image for your checkout method. Displayed on checkout form if set
      var $method_button_img_url = '';

//whether or not ssl is needed for checkout page
      var $force_ssl = false;

Best,

Kimberly

• Mark Sund

Thanks. Yeah, I've already browsed some of the source classes for the existing gateways... but "documentation" and "source + comments" are not the same thing. The difference is often a couple dozen hours when it comes to developing an implementation without prior familiarization with the code. That's not to say this isn't helpful. Well commented examples are a vital complement to documentation.

Are there groups I can join to get help if I have specific questions or issues? Are you aware of any other information available specific to developing a gateway for MarketPress? Thanks again for the help, success on this project could expand MarketPress with another supported gateway (Skipjack) as we're considering contributing the code.

• aecnu

Greetings cinticom,

Are there groups I can join to get help if I have specific questions or issues?

The groups are divided into more like categories/topics of plugins, themes, etc.

Are you aware of any other information available specific to developing a gateway for MarketPress?

Usually folks have disassembled so to speak existing gateways to create new gateways, but there is not much more information then that to offer. I have been told that they are well noted though I have not tried this myself.

For certain bits or when you get your Skipjack code together, we may want to post it and get the lead developer to help us with a bit of code when close to completion.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.