Creating Backup & Testing Plan for MNetwork w WPMUDev

Hi Michael and the rest of the awesome developers. O.K. so I'm back; Use a plugin that "has to be use" vs just activated which was deceptie. It had same effect, therefore I rinstalled database backup and go admin back by makin sure the usermeta matched the username CAPs and all.

Micael I cannot duplicate what you did with the plugin. If you could assist in writing or if you want to visit again I will enable access for 3 days. Who knows, might be fun..

I used Snapshot to backup primary and add on is next. I have set up regular backups but I am interested in your programs such as staging, TESTING or one that changes the "mode" so that a hazardous plugin will not do this when activated. This case is a bit diff so no worreis about that. or Creating Backup & Testing Plan for MNetwork w WPMUDev

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Ryan,

I hope you're well today and welcome back :slight_smile:

Micael I cannot duplicate what you did with the plugin.

Would you mind throwing a link to the conversation in question? I guess there was a thread (or threads) regarding what you're referring to but it would be really great (and much easier) if you could just post its URL here.

I used Snapshot to backup primary and add on is next. I have set up regular backups but I am interested in your programs such as staging, TESTING or one that changes the "mode" so that a hazardous plugin will not do this when activated. This case is a bit diff so no worreis about that. or Creating Backup & Testing Plan for MNetwork w WPMUDev

Are you still referring to a previous thread? I'm a bit lost here... Perhaps @Michael Bissett will have some ideas? I've flagged him so he'll surely get back to you when he's online.

Cheers,
    Adam

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Ryan ODonnell,

...I'll admit, I'm a bit lost myself as to what's going on here. :disappointed:

Use a plugin that "has to be use" vs just activated which was deceptie. It had same effect, therefore I rinstalled database backup and go admin back by makin sure the usermeta matched the username CAPs and all.

I'm inclined to think that "has to be use" is referring to an mu-plugin, but if you're referring to Domain Mapping & BP Multinetwork (I believe?) being in the mu-plugins folder, and not working there... erm... they weren't designed to be placed there in the first place.

I recall from your thread over here that you had already rolled back the site:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/cant-access-nothing-works-no-admins-just-keymasters#post-887690

And that from this thread, you've gone and edited the username:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/sunrise-update-group-sync-others-fb-groups-pinani-as-bp-mn-theme#post-888859

But I'm not seeing how this relates to creating a backup/testing plan (as mentioned in the title of your thread), if I'm honest.

Micael I cannot duplicate what you did with the plugin. If you could assist in writing or if you want to visit again I will enable access for 3 days. Who knows, might be fun..

Which plugin are you referring to? Not seeing that mentioned here?

Questions on my mind as I read this:

- "I used Snapshot to backup primary and add on is next"
    -- primary is the main site, and add on is the subsite, correct?
    - "I have set up regular backups but I am interested in your programs such as staging, TESTING or one that changes the "mode" so that a hazardous plugin will not do this when activated."
    -- staging, TESTING or one that changes the "mode"? Not sure that I follow.
    -- "hazardous plugin"? Which one are you referring to?

At the end of the road, considering all that's been going on (and the numerous threads you've opened)... I'm inclined to think that with the scale of the project that you're looking to develop here, you'll want to hire a developer to either help you out or fix it all up for you:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Because honestly, I think you'll be happy if this were all developed for you as one whole piece, instead of trying to develop this bit by bit, and you having to tackle this all by yourself. :slight_smile:

I'm speaking to this as someone who's done web design work in the past, as well as someone who's quite aware of the relief that folks experience when someone else is doing all of the dirty work.

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.