Creating Choice of On Off or Recurring Billing Form Membership Sign Up

Hi,

I am wondering how I can go about setting up a payment system so that when people go to register for my membership that can either pay by a one off payment or by a recurring payment.

Inside the membership pro payment options you have four options such as recurring, one off, one off the cancels at end date etc

I just want to be able to have it so that people purchasing my memberships can either pay a cheaper fee for making a once of fee or pay slightly more one payment per month over a few months.

I don't mind of O have to hook up Woo or gravity or my 1 shopping cart account etc, but how can I go about this?

Thanks for your help,

Johnathon

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hey again @Johnathon

Hope you're good.
    The best way to do this is to create a annual membership and a monthly membership and give a special price to the annual membership.

The reason here is that MOST gateways create an IPN and a notify url for recurring subs (NOT for one time payments) and the workflow for each is very different. Its best not to mix the two as that can cause a lot of bugs

Cheers
    Jude

• Johnathon
      • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for the reply Jude.

I understand what you are saying.

What I am getting at is though; is I am only given one option. I am only asked what payment option I would like to create.

My question is not about what is the best option, it is how do I actually go about setting up the two options together?

Thanks for your time,

Johnathon

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Howdy @Johnathon

So sorry about the delay, I was out of action for the most part of last week because of a severe headache. Appreciate your patience.

Looks like this is not possible yet. You can't have multiple payment options for a single membership. Its either single or recurring, you may want to consider creating 2 memberships with the same access levels, one for annual and one for monthly to get this working smoothly.

Cheers
    Jude

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.