Creating custom fields for user records in WP

I'm considering dropping Infusionsoft (IS) in favor of using various plugins to manage subscribers. If I import my IS database (approx. 25k subcribers) into my existing WP site (MigraineAgain.com) I want to make sure I can also import all the custom fields I've created (approx. 20 fields). Does one of your plugins do this?

• Michelle Shull

Hiya, Karl!

We don't have a plugin that will do this, but I can recommend a few that can. What you need is a CSV importer that will let you map the custom fields from your Infusionsoft members to an equivalent field (you may need to create some) in your WP user table. There are a few free options here, but I think you're going to need the extra features that come with a premium tool.

I like WPAllImport, with the User Import addon: http://www.wpallimport.com/.

If you're comfortable with MySQL, you could also modify the user table to include extra fields, and then handle the import via PHPMyAdmin, but if you're not experienced working with the database, this can get a little hairy, however. If you go this route, take a backup of your database before you begin, just in case. :slight_smile:

Hope this helps!

• Michelle Shull

Hey Karl!

Yep, when you import the CSV, AllImport will display a list of the fields it found. You'll go through these and map to existing fields when you can, then you'll have the option of creating new fields to map the remaining fields to. It's been a little while since I've used it, but I remember it being pretty straightforward. I was mapping custom post types with custom fields, so it's just a shade or two different, the process is identical.

Hope this helps, Karl!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.