creating full pages for affilates

I am working on developing an affililate multisite for experts and online tools for a particular niche. I want to create at least a full page for each expert of tool, could be multiple pages if necessary. Most tool pages we would sign up as an affilate but they often just offer banners, etc. Wondering if I would have to reach an agreement with each of those companies to create larger, fuller listings. It would be something like theme forest where each product has a full description and detail.

With the experts, most likely will have to enter into either joint venture, or affliate relationship with them. The sites intent is to promote their offerings, and to allow people to follow them as they develop new products. As mentioned earlier, they might have multiple pages and multiple courses, etc. for sale

This is a business planning issue, not directly wordpress but wondering if anyone has any ideas about this and how to approach it.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @phkillian

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Would you be adding these pages manually or would you be looking for a way to do it upon signup and then people follow people (like twitter?) and in a way an affiliate sort of becomes a business partner and has to sign a agreement?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to understand how it's going to work :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• phkillian

I think we would be adding the pages manually, unless we find it easy to convince the various companies that we sign up as affiliates, that it would be be worth their while to fill it out themselves.

I thnk part of the question is getting agreements with companies that we would be making a full page affililate representation taken from content on their own site.

Maybe once the site has some traction, templated pages can be filled out by companies who desire to have us as affiliates.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @phkillian

I hope you are well today and sorry about the extreme delay with my reply, I had missed your previous reply and was then on Vacation with Family.

For this with the affiliates, would they sign up in a central area and then you add the page, or would they submit an application and be manually approved, as in a way, you want the page assigned to that particular affiliate correct?

So it will be like a split revenue feature where they have a product with a full page of details, images etc, any sales made, revenue is shared?

Thank you! And again sorry about the extreme delay.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• phkillian

Jack,

Thank you for getting back on this.

Yes, there are two scenarios.

The first as you described above would be a sign up for a joint venture/affilate relationship with experts. The revenue would be shared in that case. Yes, they would have to be approved first and then could upload content to their directory (mulitisite installation).

Then there are tool categories.

If you look at sites like wphub.com for example, they are a portal site with many themes, etc. Each theme has a full page of description and the option to buy on that page. They seem to just represent many theme providers.

The site I am developing is a hub as well, just with a greater variety of offerings. For example, I want wpmu to be one of the offerings and want to have a full page describing the benefits of membership in wpmudev. Wpmudev does not provide full page info. so in your case I would have to create a page for my affiliate relationship with wpmu. Not sure how wphub works it out, but they list full page descriptions of all the products they sell....I'm sure they are just an affiliate or have some joint venture agreement with these theme providers.As far as I can tell, affiliates can choose to develop full page affiliate pages, they just are not provided by most companies including wpmu.

Hope that makes sense. So basically the issues is that almost all affiliate systems just provide banners, links, etc. I am wanting to create a full page instead.

Let me know what you think on this

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @phkillian

I hope you are well today.

I see what you mean :slight_smile: I believe that a lot of places like wphub, just either copy and paste the info with their own design or write up their own content, as links are provided and then they link in with that.

For example you could write a paragraph or two about the offerings and then include a link at the bottom perhaps or one of the banners, then you'd have a full page of all content that relates to it, and you could even have multiple pages for each item, i.e a overview page and then links going to separate pages with info about the plugin.

Then on that page go through with links to the purchase. What do you think on that sort of idea?

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.