Creating hundreds of TLD domains from a subdirectory install with autoblog

Hi team,

I was reading the autoblog plugin over and over, salivating about how I could punch out all of my domaining TLD sites from a sub-directory installation. While the installation section described pretty well how this toy, combined with other plugins can be a powerhouse tool for me, I was wondering if there was an example somewhere for us non-techies, or a mindmap for me to follow.

Thanks again,
Tim

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Tim,

I'm not quite sure I understood you correctly, but Autoblog wouldn't allow you to create domains itself. You could use it to perhaps fill your sites with content.

You could also use the Domain Mapping plugin to route domains to sub-sites if that might be more what you were thinking.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/domain-mapping

Please feel free to correct me if I've misunderstood you though! :slight_smile:

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

Just to follow up with a few other ideas (If I'm getting what you want to accomplish)

You could do:
    1. Install WordPress Multisite
    2. Install Post Indexer (I always do this second - regardless)
    3. Install New Blog Templates (so all created sites can have the defined look you want)
    4. Install and use Batch Create to create as many sites/usernames as you want all at once.
    5. Install Autoblog and configure on your new sites for content

Whatcha think? Will that work for ya? Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.