Creating Individual Predefined Templates for User Registration Forms

Hey guys! First off, I wanted to thank for doing what you do! Your products have been essential in the creation of our platform!

So I am trying to create individual "frameworks" with new blog templates, which are essentially niche turnkey websites that someone can buy and host on our multisite platform. Each one of these frameworks will have their own separate landing page. I have set up the gravity form with user-registration and stripe, but it looks like this method only allows users to select a template from all of our blog templates; and because I am using separate landing pages for each framework, I would like to eliminate the step by having the template pre-defined for the form. For example, at portfolio.brandit.me, I only want users who register and start a free trial to automatically start with our Portfolio template, and not be able to select others.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks so much in advance for your help!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello @bk12,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Let's just make sure that we're on the same side here :slight_smile: I understand it this way:

- there's e.g. 10 "New Blog Templates"
    - there's also 10 separate, different signup pages (those are custom made with GF)
    - instead of giving users a full choice of "New Blog Templates" on each signup page, you'd wish to assign selected one to each signup form so it would be automatically used

Am I getting it correctly?

Currently, this is not possible "out of the box". I suppose that it would require some custom code to be added either to your site (e.g. as mu-plugin) or to the "New Blog Templates" plugin but I'm not sure if this is within the scope of this support forum.

That said, let me please consult one of our developers on this and let you know. It could be also great if you could confirm that I understood you right first!

Looking forward for your replay,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello @bk12!

I've already talked to one of developers and he says he might be able to help you with this, however he'd like to take a look at your setup first (to quote exactly: "I'd need to see those signup pages first" - he said).

That said, if those landing pages (signup pages) and new blog templates are already set up, could you please grant us a support access using WPMU DEV plugin? To do so, please follow this guide:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

If those pages and templates are not ready yet, please set them up. Let me know here when you're ready, please.

In case we needed more "direct" access, I'll ask you for.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello bk12!

It's been a while already, indeed :slight_smile:

The "New Blog Templates" plugins should work fine along Gravity Forms I think currently. This however includes a "standard integration" so it wouldn't be possible to "split" templates between multiple signup forms. I know that I talked to one of the developers back than but I would now need to talk to another one again and see if that would be possible.

I understand that the "basic" integration works fine for you but the point here is to use different selected templates with different forms (still the same as original issue), can you confirm that? If anything has changed, let me know please.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi bk12,

I think I have a solution for you here, it might not be the prettiest and easiest one but it should work :slight_smile:

I will post code example below which you will need to add as mu-plugin on your site and adjust few things.
    What the code does is check the page ID and based on that uses some CSS to hide desired template field and then uses script to select the template you want for that page.

So in this example we will use pages with ID's 158 and 65, and blog templates ID's are 2 and 3.
    Here's the code:

function select_tempalte_on_page() {
    	//Hide template 2 on page with ID 158 and select template 3 by default
    	if ( is_page( 158 ) ) { ?>

<script type="text/javascript">
    			jQuery( document ).ready(function() {
    		    	jQuery("#blog_template-3").prop("checked", true)
    			});
    		</script>

<style type="text/css">
    			#blog_template-2 {
    				display: none;
    			}
    		</style>

<?php
    	//Hide template 3 on page with ID 65 and select template 2 by default
    	} elseif ( is_page( 65 ) ) { ?>
    		<script type="text/javascript">
    			jQuery( document ).ready(function() {
    		    	jQuery("#blog_template-2").prop("checked", true)
    			});
    		</script>

<style type="text/css">
    			#blog_template-3 {
    				display: none;
    			}
    		</style>
    	<?php }
    }
    add_action( 'wp_footer', 'select_tempalte_on_page' );

I've added comments so you could see where's the part for which page.
    You can duplicate the code and replace required ID's to have it for each of your pages.

Hope this helps to get started with this and let us know if you require additional assistance with this :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.