Creating Layouts in Upfront Builder

Hello,
In Upfront Builder's Layouts > Select New Layout, it populates a list of starter pages. Which from the list do I choose that will ultimately be the "New Page" template once I've exported/installed the theme and edit it in Upfront? I would assume it would be "Single Page" or "Single Generic", but it is not. What is the difference between all of them (Single generic, single media, single product, etc.)?

• Nithin

Hi Leno,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Which from the list do I choose that will ultimately be the "New Page" template once I've exported/installed the theme and edit it in Upfront?

You'll have to make use of Upfront builder to edit, customize your layouts. Once you have finished developing your theme, and ready for end user. Users can make use of Upfront to customize the theme according to their needs.

What is the difference between all of them (Single generic, single media, single product, etc.)?

When you compare these Upfront layouts with the default WordPress template:
    Single Generic would be single.php, and it's a template for both post/pages, so if your pages and post use the same templates, you can just use single generic instead of making two separate things.

Single Page would be page.php, and this layout can also be used to create custom page templates for global use.

Single Post would be single-{post-type}.php, where it's used to render a single post, so if a post-type is product, the theme will look for the single product page.

Single Media would be the attachment.php, and should render how your attachments should be displayed.

You can check the WordPress template hierarchy for more information on how these single.php, page.php etc works.
    https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/basics/template-hierarchy

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.